Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Spring Creek Jeep Trail - Idaho Springs, CO

The snow has FINALLY MELTED!! Rick's brother came to visit from Texas over Independence Day and we took the jeeps out to show him what rock crawling is all about.

This was our first trip up Spring Creek Trail out of Idaho Springs on I-70. Surprisingly we only saw one other vehicle on the trail, and he was from Minnesota. With the place to ourselves we had time to enjoy the scenery, wildlife, and teach Brandon how to drive up some big rocks.

Map/trail guide (I have to admit it was weird going to another site for this)
    http://www.everytrail.com/guide/spri...trail-colorado

Our pics:
    http://baconinthesun.com/2014/spring-creek-jeep-trail/

We found some ROCKS!!

Remember this guy?

First rock crawling trip... oh no, he's driving my jeep!! (now nicknamed "the rental")

His & Hers

View of Georgetown at about 9,000'

Oops - yes, that's a winch line.

Amazing view at the end:

Also in this area is Mt Evans, which we summited the next day at 14,309'

And whitewater rafting, the previous day! How that boat didn't sink, I have no idea...

MISS YOU ALL!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

[COLOR="#800000"]Keep it up. You'll have two new roomies![/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Spoiled rotten you are.... Looks awesome!
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Naw, YOU guys have it made!

Comment

Good times and beautiful scenery. Have never been on that trail, but have done plenty of the trails in the Silverton, Leadville and Buena Vista area.....but there are many more to explore.

Just noticed this event starts this weekend and goes for the week:

http://www.a4fun.org/
          Rich

Comment

Oh that looks awesome!!

Comment

<Jealous mode on>The grass is always greener, well in CO it is always greener, but it looks like a permanent vacation to me. Snow in the winter which means skiing, white water rafting in the summer, and wheeling year round. <Jealous mode still on>

Comment

Daymn Sarah! Those are some great 'side trips' from Jeeping! The whitewater rafting trip pic is amazing, and the hike to the 14'er isn't a mild jaunt either! Glad to see Rick's Jeep on the trails again! The His and Hers Jeeps are great to see too.
                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                [/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks guys! The rafting was amazing, but expensive. Good for a special occasion though, like when you guys come out. I'll see if there is one near Silverton, or something like it. We had so much fun on the 14er too that I looked up a few in the San Juans. There's an "easy" one that hopefully we can check it out beforehand. It's a real hike, unlike the one we did here, which was probably only a 15 minute hike on an established trail.

The pictures surely come out amazing though, on every adventure. It's beautiful here, just like CA is, just rainy and cloudy a lot more! Have to get a new soft top that's waterproof

Comment

Next summer some CO trails are on my agenda. Few of my homies from the wrong coast are planning to head out that way and will be good to hang out with them again. Has only been 34 years since I wandered through Colorado

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                      Next summer some CO trails are on my agenda. Few of my homies from the wrong coast are planning to head out that way and will be good to hang out with them again. Has only been 34 years since I wandered through Colorado
                      Awesome! Let's meet up!

Comment

Working...
                      X