Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: 2N17X / Dishpan / Holchom Creek

Well we started the day off with beautiful weather. Not to hot, not to cold;

Scott set at the entrance to the spillway to direct people up to the parking area. I set up at the 138, 173 intersection to guide people who weren't familiar with the trail to Scotty. We started the day with 10 vehicles. Kevin and Alan in their Taco's, Mario in his SAS 4 runner, Jose in his FJ Cruiser, Carlos in his Landcruiser. Dean in his Cherokee, Chris in a JK, beautiful rig, Jason's YJ, Ryan in his TJ, and Scotty in his TJ.

Thanks to Scott and Ryan for their help on this run. Couldn't have done it without their help, guidance, and winches.

What was funny, was the FJ Cruiser had driven by me at the intersection so the wife and I figured that he was heading to the lake. Next thing we knew he came back, so I directed him to Scotty. Turns out that he and his friends were just cruising around in his new FJ. Never been 4x4 before. Scotty told me that the boys were having a good time. They chose the by pass on the first hill climb;

Alan coming up;

Dean in his Cherokee and Mario in his SAS 4 Runner

Chris in his JK, and Ryan;

Scott and Jason;

And Carlos taking the bypass. This was his 2nd time out in the Cruiser. I don't think he was having any fun;

We got up to Pilot Rock and the boys playing;

We cruised over to the end of the trail and took a group picture;

And since the FJ Cruiser needed gas, we ran the pavement over to the Dishpan Trail. To be continued.

Sorry about that, had to feed the dogs. We got to the gas station and we had Chris in his JK, and Jose in his FJ drop out. Chris had some bolts coming loose??? And Scotty convinced Jose in the FJ, that without sliders he shouldn't continue on.

We got to the gate keeper at the beginning of Dishpan, and the boys started having fun;

And Carlos got the award for most air. Ride em cowboy.

We got up to the base of the waterfall and took a lunch break. The weather was around 67 degree's. While our group was eating, Scotty and I walked ahead to do a little scouting. There was a group coming down , and a YJ with open axles was stuck. The other group informed us that a Jeep had just rolled earlier on the trail. It took 2 Hours to get thru this section. I sent Scott up ahead and had him set up with his winch in case any in our group needed help. Our group walked right on thru with a little spotting from Scott and Jason.
    Last edited by 1 Bad F N Z; 07-06-14, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Our group walked right on thru dishpan with no problems at all. A little spotting from Scott and Jason and we were thru. We headed off to 3N93. Once we arrived to 3N93, I had Scott go ahead and get set up with his winch. I also had Carlos set up with his winch to pull backward if anyone needed help;

Surprisingly most made it thru the gatekeeper without any help, to get stuck further on in the rock garden. Ryan took several tries to get up and over. Well it was Dean in his Cherokee turn, and it took a little bit to get him thru;

Once Dean was thru it was my turn. Instead of hanging thru the left as most did, I hung extremely to the right, going over the taller rocks to not get high centered. First try and I am up and over the gatekeeper. Whose the man, whose the mother chucker. I am invincible. Yeah right, only to get high centered on the other side, and needed to be winched.

Well we all made it thru the trail, and it was time to say goodbye. I think everyone had a good time. A really good group of people, working together .

Comment

Kevin,
        Thanks for arranging this run. I had a great time. Saw some old faces and met new ones. That was the first time I had ever run Dishpan so new fun for me. I had to bail early as I'm still having issues with the transfer case shift linkage. So when the rain started and I was tired of getting under the Jeep and getting burned I packed it in and went home. The last time the linkage came apart, I was lucky and the Jeep was in rear high.

Comment

Had a blast with a great group of people. I had a bolt fall out of my header collector. I put a new one in but decided it was time to head home. I wheeled all day the day prior so I was pretty beat.
          It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Elusive View Post
            Had a blast with a great group of people. I had a bolt fall out of my header collector. I put a new one in but decided it was time to head home. I wheeled all day the day prior so I was pretty beat.
            Jason and Chris, it was good to see you both again Have to do it again, Kevin.

Comment

Looks like a trail run from the good ole MJR days. Need to do more of those, used to be a lot of fun. Bummer I work on Saturdays

Comment

I am sorry I missed this run, it is one that I have been wanting to do. Looks like a great time!

Comment

It was a lot of fun. We didn't have any rigs like Chucks and Art, but we had some pretty capable rigs. Scott and Ryan, Mario 4 runner, Carlos in the Cruiser. Nice weather around 68 degree. Thought when we got to Holchom we were going to get dumped on with rain but it cleared up. Everybody working together helping each other. That's what it all about.

Surprised myself walking over the gate keeper like it wasn't there, then getting stuck on the other side. 6 more inches and the left rear would have caught and off I would have gone. Oh well. Winch is sitting in the garage, and new bumpers should show this week. Need some taller tires, so when these wear out going to do some cutting and go with 35's. Always something, Kevin.

Comment

HA! The rock garden catches Tacos just like flies... Glad you had fun. I was stuck in the garage with Nick all weekend...
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Looks like awesome trip. Thanks for posting up so many photos as I'm still in web wheeler mode for a bit longer.
                      USMC F&AM

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
                        HA! The rock garden catches Tacos just like flies... Glad you had fun. I was stuck in the garage with Nick all weekend...
                        I watched some of the others struggling through the gate keeper so I decided to drive over the rock on the right. I engaged my Taco Box, and in 3rd gear crawled right over. Landing on my slider and the cross member. I think I may have made an improvement yesterday. Built a new skid , so now all the skids are the same height. Hopefully it will allow me to slide over things a little easier.

Comment

Thanks for a great day fellas, it was a pleasure meeting you all.
                          Timing was perfect, got to the cabin just in time for a steak and a beer !

Comment

Originally posted by dktool View Post
                            Thanks for a great day fellas, it was a pleasure meeting you all.
                            Timing was perfect, got to the cabin just in time for a steak and a beer !
                            Scott, Carlos and I with our wives stopped for dinner at La Casitas on main St. Topped off a good day with a good meal. See you soon, Kevin.

Comment

I was on Dishpan springs about a month ago and saw a YJ on 40's almost roll. He was leading his group down and looked like he was picking thoughtless lines while the rest of his group were fine.

Glad you had fun, we did Cleghorn and 2N17X Saturday for a half day trip.
                              WILL WORK FOR JEEP PARTS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X