Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in too. If you guys see my jk wave me down. It's just me and the wife this weekend
    It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

I made it out HDR on Saturday to run Pumpkin Eater with Teremoto and the Genright Team. I had a really good time my jeep performed well I found a wicked gash in the side walls so I'm in the market for a couple treads now. This fellow didn't have the same luck getting up the waterfall, turns out he and his pooch are just fine but the day for him was a water-fail.

I headed home after the run and was home by dinner.
      You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

Oh man all that fancy Nt degree stuff and still doing an endo. Did some pretty good damage, big time bummer for him. Glad he and his dog were allright

Comment

It was more of a back flip so far over that the radiator grill smashed down so far to destroy winch. Has some sorta air bags instead of coil springs.
          You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

I'm glad John made it out alright along with his dog, I watched the recovery down by the poison spider rig watching it.

All in all it was a good weekend, for it being my first HDR event. Our group did win the best equipped event, I think Scott and myself will be sore for a few days from the running. I'll get some pictures up from the run in a bit.

On the way home I picked up a 9" that will be going into my ZJ.
            [ ]llllll[ ] Mine 93 Zj
            -OllllllllO- Dad's 98 Tj

Comment

We had a great at HDR again. Either Scott (Zoobie) or I will start a run report here shortly.

Comment

good times ....really enjoyed it with everyone

Comment

Scott, sorry I didn't say goodbye but it looked like you two were dead to the world. I didn't want to disturb you.

Comment

I have to say I was not impressed with the event.
                    They had over 200 rigs and only 4 runs. Simple math says your going to have over 50 rigs on each run..which is WAY to many.
                    There were 2 runs that were rated at 2, one moderate trail, and one hard trail. Thats not enough.
                    My wife didn't want to run pumpkin eater so I paid my $95 for the T-shirt and went on the achey breaky run that "started at 8". I don't mind paying the money as it goes to a great place but it was enough that I thought there could at least have been some vendors there.
                    At 9:30 we were still in camp. At 11 we weren't to the beginning of the trail yet and the group stopped for lunch....except the group was too big. after waiting for everyone to get to the lunch area I couldn't stand it and left at noon. We had been in the jeep 4 hours and went less than 3 miles Yes, I know it's all volunteers and I thought the Hemet jeep guys did a good job leading the runs... they were just fighting a losing battle with all the jeeps out there on the few runs.
                    It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Elusive View Post
                      They had over 200 rigs and only 4 runs. Simple math says your going to have over 50 rigs on each run..which is WAY to many.
                      There were 2 runs that were rated at 2, one moderate trail, and one hard trail. Thats not enough.
                      Jesse May explained at the Sunday night raffle that their permit from the BLM allowed them to have more runs, but they couldn't get any run leaders. I think MJR should step up and offer to lead some runs next time.
                      If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                      KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
                        Jesse May explained at the Sunday night raffle that their permit from the BLM allowed them to have more runs, but they couldn't get any run leaders. I think MJR should step up and offer to lead some runs next time.
                        Why not? I've already opened my mouth and pretty much got the MC duty handed to me. I think that it is also our 2nd year in the best equiped game and we've done well both times. As long as we have a trail leader that knows the area better than me you got my help. I've wheeled most of the trails close to camp and I know that there used to be trails sounth and east of the old camp area but not sure where they start and stop.

When our group on Friday left the flop on Pumkin Eater, Scott told me that I just became trial leader. What? So, I just looked for trails going up and over the ridges that would have the most fun stuff. We had a ZJ that was on 31's and open so I had to watch out for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Toolman View Post

WOW! PE strikes again. That waterfall has gotten a few MJR peeps. Glad the owner and pooch are ok. Got some sheet metal to straighten out there...
                          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                          X