Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: It's Miller Time! May 9-11th-- Good First Rock Crawl For Stock Jeeps and Newbs

Hi all!

Miller Jeep Trail is rated black diamond, but that's due to the steep switchbacks and rocky sections. I've been running this trail for years. Stock rigs will be fine. You Must have 4 LO. This trail does have some steep sections, but the rocks just aren't that big on this trail. And, there is a lot of just trail riding sections with no rocks as well. Anyone wondering if they can do this trail or on the fence; you'll be fine! You'll come off it with a smile on your face wanting more. Trust me!!

The Rangers want it open May 1st, so it should be open by the 10th.

I would like to hit other trails as well; 111, which is gorgeous. Huge trees and photo ops...and one off Lockwood (before we actually start wheeling Miller). Yellow Jacket is off Lockwood as well, but that would make a super long day..so next time. Be sure and pack food and drinks for the day. We will be gone all day. We'll stop for lunch at Sunset Creek right at the section of Lockwood Valley and Miller Jeep Trail...or before then at the dead end of the offshoot trail.

MEET TIME: 9:00am Saturday May 10th *** Make sure you're on time. Sorry, but I will not wait and hold the rest of the group up.

MEET PLACE: Flying J- 42810 Frazier Mountain Park Rd, I-5 Frazier Park Exit 205, Frazier Park, CA 93243 CHANNEL 21 CB

Some of us will be camping Friday, May 9th-11th -Sunday Just to keep it simple this time, we'll camp in HV. You're welcomed to join for the day on Saturday or for the whole weekend with us!

I normally wheel Sunday as well..we can play in the park..

**EVERYBODY CAMPING- PLEASE BRING WOOD FOR CAMP FIRES! LINK TO THE PARK WHERE WE'RE CAMPING: http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1192

--The park is full of trails any Jeep can do, as well as a practice area of obstacles!

The link above provides driving directions to the park. Also, it has contact info and a map of the inside of the park which shows all the campgrounds and trails. Everything is marked with big signs.

***OUR CAMPGROUND: UPPER SCRUBS***
    (Careful looking for the campground. There's an UPPER SCRUBS and LOWER SCRUBS) We will be in UPPER SCRUBS!

Who's ready for some MILLER!!

Me! Me! Me!!
    Jeep Girl

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
    The Rangers want it open May 1st, so it should be open by the 10th.

MEET TIME: 9:00am Saturday May 10th *** Make sure you're on time. Sorry, but I will not wait and hold the rest of the group up.

MEET PLACE: Flying J- 42810 Frazier Mountain Park Rd, I-5 Frazier Park Exit 205, Frazier Park, CA 93243 CHANNEL 21 CB
    Just a heads up, My local club is scheduled to be doing trail maintenance that day on Lockwood/Miller and the trail is not going to be open. There are multiple trees down that need to be cleared. It will be open the following weekend.

Comment

After several conversations with the rangers, there's obviously conflicting reports. I will be calling again tomorrow and speaking with the people who hold the keys! Either way, we are not cancelling this weekend and plan to hang around HV for the weekend and camp even if Miller is still closed. So all the info about camping and dates still goes. Only thing that has changed is we'll be at Circle Canyon campground instead of Upper Scrubbs. And if Miller is a no go, we won't be meeting at the J.

Doesn't seem to be an issue on this forum as nobody seems interested..but the 17 other rigs and I plan on a party! WhoopWhoop!
      Jeep Girl

Comment

UPDATE::

This Miller run is on. The trail will be open, so origianl plan applies.

And no disrespect intended, however, this Exactly why I deal with the Rangers directly. Incorrect info has been given to me in the past and I just prefer to deal with the people holding the keys and making the decisions directly.

happy wheeling@!! wooohooo!!
        Jeep Girl

Comment

I'm capping this run. If anyone wants feedback on the trails, drop a PM!

Jeep Girl Out!

1. IH8RDS- Lorie *camping fri-sun
          2. TNT 02TJ- Tina and Ted *camping fri-sun
          3. C_Mac*Saturday
          4. Califrog & Socal_Hemihead- Mandy and Jason *camping fri-sun
          5. Kalvin and Crystal*camping fri-sun
          6. Maverick243-Parker *camping fri-sun
          7. Stephen Smith *saturday
          8. Parker's friend *saturday
          9. KurtVW *day run
          10. 2013 JKUR * saturday
          11. Will *saturday