Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Anyone up for a run Feb 21st weekend?

Hi!

If not all weekend, at least Saturday?

I'm not a fan of snow, sand or mud..just the rocks..

I'm Ok to lead us around Cougar Buttes (we may wonder a bit as I'm still trying to learn my way there) ...and I know Calico pretty well....we could hit any of it there....Doran, Odessa, Kramers, Wall Street...but if we do Calico, I prefer to camp at least Saturday night as it's a 3.5-4 hour drive for me one way.. I'd even be open to just tooling around Hungry Valley in Gorman..easy trails; good for newbs with a practice area with rocks, mud etc....

Open to Motino and part of the Hammers if someone wants to lead that..

I just want to be in my Jeep that weekend..

Any interest or questions, let me know! Want to plan!

Lorie
    Jeep Girl

I can't make it on Saturday, but if you do a weekend trip I would like to join you on Sunday. I do love both Cougar Buttes and Calico.
    I Jeep, therefore I am

Comment

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
      Hi!

If not all weekend, at least Saturday?

I'm not a fan of snow, sand or mud..just the rocks..

I'm Ok to lead us around Cougar Buttes (we may wonder a bit as I'm still trying to learn my way there) ...and I know Calico pretty well....we could hit any of it there....Doran, Odessa, Kramers, Wall Street...but if we do Calico, I prefer to camp at least Saturday night as it's a 3.5-4 hour drive for me one way.. I'd even be open to just tooling around Hungry Valley in Gorman..easy trails; good for newbs with a practice area with rocks, mud etc....

Open to Motino and part of the Hammers if someone wants to lead that..

I just want to be in my Jeep that weekend..

Any interest or questions, let me know! Want to plan!

Lorie
      You can ride with me at the Hammers on Saturday

Comment

So, as it turns out, I will be heading to Hungry Valley in Gorman. I'm meeting with a producer of a Youtube travel show at 8am. We're going to be in the practice area and we'll be done by 10am; 1030 latest. After that, I'm on my own if anyone wants to come out or meet somewhere else.

For anyone who hasn't been there, here's a link to the park.
        http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1192

HV is a great place for a meet and greet and new wheelers. The trails are easy enough for completely stock rigs. When I hang out there, I usually run Pronghorn to Quails Pass, where I hang an American Flag in honor of my friend Texas, onto Vics Cat to Sterling..and then if people want to, onto to Power Line. It's pretty and I usually see deer at some point.

And then there's always the practice area, where they have steps, mud (maybe? with no rain??) step climbs, cylinders, rocks, sluice box etc...

Day pass is $5 and if we want to camp, it's $10. I'm open to a day run and/or camping.

Hope a few of you want to come out!

[COLOR="#0000CD"]AND ART MY FRIEND- now you know better....if I came out, You'd be riding with me (in your rig) [/COLOR]
        Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by IBclimbin View Post
          I can't make it on Saturday, but if you do a weekend trip I would like to join you on Sunday. I do love both Cougar Buttes and Calico.
          Let's put a run on the calendar for March.
          Jeep Girl

Comment

Working...
          X