X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HEre are a few I took

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Awesome shots, were you wearing one of those green vests.

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
        Awesome shots, were you wearing one of those green vests.
        Nope not this year. wanted to get out and wheel this year than doing all the media stuff
        [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Another set...

Comment

Amazing photos Mike, I wish I could have made it out there. What kind of camera do you use? I am looking to get a better camera soon.
            Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Red rubicon View Post
              Amazing photos Mike, I wish I could have made it out there. What kind of camera do you use? I am looking to get a better camera soon.
              Kevin
              These were with my cell phone. Actually I have a Nikon.

Comment

I went to KOH for the first time this year; very impressive event. Got there Monday night, in time to watch the “Backdoor Shootout” (basically a timed 1/8 mile drag race up back to back waterfalls, with a $10k prize for the best time). Very entertaining (but cold).

Watched qualifying on Tuesday. Then volunteered for Wednesday and Thursday. Was assigned to watch the crowds at the bottom of Jack Hammer both days (UTV and EMC race days. Wasn’t the best place to see action, as we were limited to the very bottom of the trail (the course went down Jack Hammer). But, it wasn’t a bad way to spend the day. Talked to a bunch of interesting people and help the KOH cause a little.

Phil came out for the big race Friday. We drove to the top of Outer Limits; then walked down to the last big obstacle. We picked a viewing spot on top of a couple rocks and waited for the leaders to come through (they only went through this Sponners/Outerlimits loop on the last lap). Only 5 – 6 other spectators were out there (plus a couple photographers). We watched the leaders come through, then around noon, we headed over to Chocolate Thunder to see the carnage on that hill. Some of the racers we saw on Outer Limits were just hitting Chocolate Thunder (lucky timing). After a hour at Chocolate Thunder, we went back to the big screen in Hammer Town to watch the finish. We left shortly after Loren Healy was declared the winner (about 4:00 pm).

Here’s a phone video of one competitor at Backdoor Monday night (taken with my phone, excuse the quality):

Thursday, EMC: Here’s John Currie & Gerald Lee coming down Jack Hammer in the EMC race. They had a 2 minute lead over #2 at this point, #3 was 30 minutes later. #2 soon got a flat, and John/Gerald had no competition (they won by almost 2 hours). Here are the EMC results: http://ultra4racing.com/the-inside-l...lenge-results/

Friday, main race:
                Here’s the first racer through Outer Limits - Tom Wayes (321). He got stuck immediately below us; took 10 minutes to winch himself out (no co-driver). He left with a 10 minutes lead – but we later learned he’d missed a couple spots in the trail and was assessed over an hour in penalty time. He came to the finish line first (in dramatic fashion – running on a bare front rim). After the penalty time, he finished 7’th.

Second through Outer Limits – Lorne Healy. He was about 10 minutes after Tom Wayes (but with no penalty time). He finished first.

Third through Outer Limits – Erik Miller. He later had some sort of breakage, finished 25’th

4’th through Outer Limits – Randy Slawson (last years winner), finished 9th.

6’th through Outer Limits - Bill Baird. My favorite (he’s 64, older than me). He finished 3’d.

7’th through Outer Limits - Tony Pellegrino – finished 2’d.

Here are the final results: http://ultra4racing.com/the-inside-l...ed-nitto-tire/

Here’s a video of typical action on Chocolate Thunder:
                Last edited by CVD; 02-09-14, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks Cliff for all the race info and results.

Comment

Great shots! I went for the first time on Friday, now I'm hooked.
                    WILL WORK FOR JEEP PARTS!!!

Comment

These were with my cell phone.
                      LOL! That is hilarous
                      Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                      Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                      HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

A few close up shots of the cars.

There's something about this shot that reminds me of two LEGO figures sitting in an Expert Builder kit :-)

Also what I found interesting was the variety of tires shown in all these awesome photos. I recognize some, but there are quite a few I do not recognize. I think I recognize:
                        - BFG Krawlers
                        - BFG Baja TA's
                        - BFG KM2's
                        - Goodyear MTR's
                        - Toyo Open Country MTR's

But some of those are others are strange to me.

TreadLightly Trainer
                        HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                          There's something about this shot that reminds me of two LEGO figures sitting in an Expert Builder kit :-)

Also what I found interesting was the variety of tires shown in all these awesome photos. I recognize some, but there are quite a few I do not recognize. I think I recognize:
                          - BFG Krawlers
                          - BFG Baja TA's
                          - BFG KM2's
                          - Goodyear MTR's
                          - Toyo Open Country MTR's

But some of those are others are strange to me.

The Maxxis Trepador was on a handful of the vehicles. They look awesome in person. Especially the amount of tread that's on the sidewalls!
                          WILL WORK FOR JEEP PARTS!!!

Comment

@mkjeepers...Great Camera work!
                            97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                            WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                              That is awesome. I probably woke the neighbors up laughing at that one.

Great shots out there folks! Thanks for letting me web wheel the KOH spectator world.
                              USMC F&AM

Comment

Here are some other really nice KOH pictures, Desktop Screensaver ready!
                                http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/02/...er-hammer-time

My fav:

TreadLightly Trainer
                                HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

Working...
                                X