Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afton once again Feb 14-16th

Will be planning another trip out to Afton for the Valentine weekend. That's Feb 14 - 16th. Jeeps, bikes, quads, whatever lights your fire. Kevin
    Last edited by JeepGal; 01-25-14, 09:53 PM.

Oh come on boys and girls, nobody want to go out and have some fun? Weather going to be in the 80's. Quit sitting around drinking beer and talking bout how bad your Jeep is. probably getting all rusty from sitting. Time to blow the carbon out.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
      Oh come on boys and girls, nobody want to go out and have some fun? Weather going to be in the 80's. Quit sitting around drinking beer and talking bout how bad your Jeep is. probably getting all rusty from sitting. Time to blow the carbon out.
      LOL

Hope ya find some people Kevin!
      Jeep Girl

Comment

Kevin, I'll be out there on Sunday in the Montero. Just curious, is there anywhere near there to do some shooting? If not, we can hit Calico on the way home, but if so, great!
        Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
        Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
        HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

I have a friend who is doing the Mojave Road this weekend. let me know if you care to join.

Comment

directions should anyone care to join us will be exit razor road,turn right,turn left on dirt road and follow it for seven miles.razor road is 11 miles before baker ca.we will be playing in the sand in the jeeps,quads,and bikes.i believe my dad took his toyota pickup.its silver with black wheels.so come on out and join us.and yes we will be shooting also.

Comment

Originally posted by scottymoto View Post
              so come on out and join us.and yes we will be shooting also.
              cool! We'll get there in the early afternoon after playing in Afton Caynon

TreadLightly Trainer
              HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

Hey guys, I was trying to make this one but it is not in the cards this time. Hope you all have a blast!

Comment

Afton Canyon is for FJs... Sorry Kevin, I'd love to go but will be in Big Bear Saturday and the garage on Sunday. I think I might as well just sell the Rat. We never go anywhere together anymore
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Well, I was hoping that another trip to this amazing place was in the cards, but not so. Have a great time and post pics~!
                    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

Damm Kevin. I was out there on Sunday, and parked on the lip of the big long dune to let the kids roll down a few times. Guy in a black JKU was parked next to us doing the same thing. One of the "Hooligans" in the area. He pointed out the downhill tracks you left from the big ridge all the way down. Cast iron big ones. That's all I can say.

TreadLightly Trainer
                      HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                        Damm Kevin. I was out there on Sunday, and parked on the lip of the big long dune to let the kids roll down a few times. Guy in a black JKU was parked next to us doing the same thing. One of the "Hooligans" in the area. He pointed out the downhill tracks you left from the big ridge all the way down. Cast iron big ones. That's all I can say.
                        Well thank you sir. It was fairly steep. Sorry to miss you, but the wife and I, and my friend Carlos cruised down to Kelso depot and over to mid hill camp ground. Got back bout 1500.

Comment

Kevin,
                          How was the Mid Hill campground looking? Is the area coming back after the big fire several years ago? That was one of my favorite campgrounds before the fire.

Mike
                          "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

I don't think Kevin went that far east, but I was at Mid Hill's last year. It's got new bathroom buildings and tables, but the burnt areas are pretty desolate still. However, the back half of the campground is totally fine. Lots of nice Junipers to camp amoungst

Of course, it also looked like this not too long ago:

TreadLightly Trainer
                            HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

WE went out to mid hill to check out the campground. It was nice as Nathan says with tables and restrooms. But the fire and the drought are taking their toll. Going to be years before the burn area recovers.

Comment

Working...
                              X