Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: Superstition Mountain

Hey is anyone going to Superstition mountain this weekend. I will be there with my new yellow rubicon LJ. It will be my first time wheeling it after ten years with my Red TJ Rubicon with a stick. I hope the auto is a little easier on the rocks. If you are going, please come by and say hello. I will new camping in a Class c Gulfstream Ultra Supreme.
    Kevin
    Last edited by Red rubicon; 01-12-14, 12:39 PM.

Hey Kev....

Have fun with the new ride. The longer wheelbase and auto will be a great change. We will be in the AZ desert this weekend. I saw the ad for the runs and they look fun. Please report back on the experience and some FB pics. Did you select the runs you are going on ??

Comment

Originally posted by ricknlexi View Post
      Hey Kev....

Have fun with the new ride. The longer wheelbase and auto will be a great change. We will be in the AZ desert this weekend. I saw the ad for the runs and they look fun. Please report back on the experience and some FB pics. Did you select the runs you are going on ??
      Wishbone and Broken Arrow I think.I am excited and no shifting gears on the rocks.

Comment

Kevin,

I'm planning to tent camp with some folks from San Diego. I think we will be camped east of the registration area.
        When you're rock crawling or climbing sand dunes with an auto tranny you need to watch the transmission fluid temp.

Russ
        If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
        KI6MLU

Comment

A co-worker of mine is out there with a neighbor. I was hoping to get the Jeep ready to go out, but ran out of time. I did put the time to good use though: I put the CARB intake on my Jeep today to appease the nazis, hopefully smog this week.

The bad news is I smell coolant quite a bit (no sign of any leaks) and the steering box appears to be seeping out of the bottom. I'm hoping the coolant is just the radiator cap, not something like the water pump.
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
          X