Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Christmas comes early - Cougar Buttes - Saturday Dec 21

Anyone up for a run at Cougar Buttes this Saturday? Camp Rock Road, 9 am.

Maybe Hammerdown, maybe BullFrog, Hardrock or a mixup?

Dang Jonah, Saturday is a workday for me

Comment

Bummer, saturday is my only only free day until after the new year. We will have to hit it in 2014!

Comment

Yes we do, Opy in top form after all the work?

Comment

Originally posted by jonah View Post
          Bummer, saturday is my only only free day until after the new year. We will have to hit it in 2014!
          There are a couple of guys from IE4W meeting @ Camp Rock & 247 Sat. @9:00am

Comment

That sounds good, maybe we will meet up with them. We will have a smaller jeep with us so we may stay to the easier sections, but we are keeping it flexible.

Is there a gps track for hard rock on here somewhere?

Comment

I'll be on the road for Louisiana :-( Lets try and do a willys run sometime when I return though!
              [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
              www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Ah too bad, I sure would like to see that turbo in action! Next time...

Comment

Ah too bad, I sure would like to see that turbo in action! Next time...
                  Next time indeed!

Although I still can't really drive that fast, maybe 50mph maximum comfortable cruise (it's geared real low!) I'm willing to drive it along alternate routes to get to some trails though, to avoid freeways
                  [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                    Yes we do, Opy in top form after all the work?
                    I somehow missed this earlier. Opy is running pretty good. I am still dialing in the new fuel injection maps on the new motor but it is running strong. I still haven't tested the new cooling set up on big hills. I did a day out at Calico and it stayed cool but I haven't done a long hill climb yet. On the way out to CB I will see how it acts on the grade going over the hill on the 15. I also keep thinking that I hear a slight pinging at rpms in the 2500-3000 range if i go from WOT to mid throttle cruising. Been messing with the timing some, seems to go away if I disconnect the vac advance. I think it is getting to much vac advance at certain times. I did limit the vac advance to 11 degrees but I think it comes on too fast or something. I am trying to plot out the timing fairly accurately to figure out what is going on. I was still getting some pretty rich and lean spikes here and there so maybe it was that making it sound funny. Anyway, overall in good shape although I wasn't brave enough to try the gatekeeper out at calico, lol!

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                      Next time indeed!

Although I still can't really drive that fast, maybe 50mph maximum comfortable cruise (it's geared real low!) I'm willing to drive it along alternate routes to get to some trails though, to avoid freeways
                      What you need is a tow vehicle

Comment

What you need is a tow vehicle
                        Yea I wish I had room for another vehicle, haha!

Comment

A couple of us from Big Bear will be there on Sat. 9:00AM at Camprock and 247 works for us.

Comment

Sounds good, see you there!

Comment

what time are you leaving from HB?

Comment

Working...
                              X