Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Sun Bonnet and the Highways

Did a bit of Hammer wheelin yesterday, ran Sunbonnet, fun as always the entry we usually take was a no can do, but somebody had created a new line on the left which is actually more fun, so that added a bit of excitement. Other than that Sunbonnet was a nice cruise on the rocks. After that we ran Highway 19, 20 and 21, looks like the rock and weather gods had some fun on that one this year.
    Trail changed quite a bit in a good way, Fred and me both got very close to flopping in 2 different spots, good times.
    Man I love the desert such rare beauty

Oh yeah the little catch can I made did it's job, no oil all over the darn place.
    Made for a very good day in the desert.
    Last edited by aw12345; 12-16-13, 06:26 PM.

Next time you run 19-20 and 21, do not go out 21 up the hill on the right. Just before going out, go straight up the wash and then the hill to the left. It will come out just above Fissure Mtn Trail near the monument. It is real loose. I don't think many will play on it.
    Rich

Comment

Thanks Rich, we can try to see if I can wind those 4 squirrels up enough to get there

By the way pretty much due west from staging are after the bridge there is a interesting trail, any idea what it's called? Looks to be close to over our head, but we will most likely try it anyway

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
        Thanks Rich, we can try to see if I can wind those 4 squirrels up enough to get there

Four squirrels will work, but may be a bit of work. Heck, if you don't make it, turn around.

By the way pretty much due west from staging are after the bridge there is a interesting trail, any idea what it's called? Looks to be close to over our head, but we will most likely try it anyway
        There is a canyon on the north side of the mountain called Turkey Claw, if that is what you are thinking about. It has some interesting sections. There are two easy outs to the left early in the trail. At the end of the trail is SOS. That is an SOB. I love it! There is also an out to the right near the end I have not taken. It goes down a steep, sandy downhill.

The west side of that mountain is fun to just go where it looks "interesting". Probably more buggy than full body, but might as well take a look.
        Rich

Comment

Done Turkey claw several times, we did most of SOS a month ago.
          What I am talking about is just about due west of the bridge, about a mile or so into the desert

Comment

Guess I am not sure.
            Rich

Comment

Working...
            X