Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Cougar Buttes

Only three showed up for the run at Cougar Buttes. Ron, Jess, and Kevin and wife Chris;

While we were shooting the Bull sitting on the corner, we got passed by a group of Hi Desert 4x4. OH well, it was a beautiful day and we weren't in no hurry.

I was telling Ron and Jess that I'd made some changes to my front springs and I was hoping to see how well they would flex.
    There are three brackets that goes around a leaf spring to keep the leaves together. I left them open to see how well the spring would flex. we were doing the beginning of Cakewalk and headed over to our first little challenge. Ron and Jess went thru no problem, then myself lifting the right front wheel. Clank clank clunk. The new springs were flexing so well that the front drive shaft fell off. That wasn't in the plan. I grabed my tools and handed Jess a 5 lb hammer. Jess started to beat those tabs down while I hooked the drive shaft back together. Flexing a little to well. Off we went for a trouble free day. Ron showing Jess and I how to do it;

Jess coming thru;

Jess turn;

And myself;

It was nice to have a small group, as we were now behind the other larger group. We just went around, thru them and took over the lead. We really felt bad about it;

Don't ask me where we went I don't remember all the names;

Ron showing us how do to it;

Jess following Ron;

One of our many Bull sessions;

The Cruiser was flexing well;

And I'm tired so;

Nice Kev, Ole Freddy and me had a hooting good time at the Hammers, still cannot find Elvis oh well, we had a ball anyway. Found an area full of old concrete practice bombs, pretty cool

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
      Nice Kev, Ole Freddy and me had a hooting good time at the Hammers, still cannot find Elvis oh well, we had a ball anyway. Found an area full of old concrete practice bombs, pretty cool
      Wow, that would have been cool. Get any pictures of it?

Comment

Nope, ya know Freddy no time to waste, gotta run trails. There was a boat load of them things and the steel fins all over, had to be careful not to cut a tire on the fins
        Last edited by aw12345; 12-16-13, 09:09 AM.

Comment

looks like a good time!
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

It sure was a beautiful day out here in the Desert. Looks like you guys made the best of it.
            Rich

Comment

Working...
            X