Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Claw Hammer Saturday 11/23

Hey guys

Planning on running Claw Hammer this Saturday with the Doug (Yellow FJ from last Hammerdown run), SAS'd Tacoma and Jess w/the Jeep. Kept the run quiet to avoid a big group but most everyone is bailing out anyways. Figured if anyone is out that way, you're more than welcome to join.
    We will be staying at my friends cabin a few miles out, meeting at 9am then heading to the trail head. PM me or post and I will message the address (sure he doesn't want it posted all over the internet) or just plan on being at the start around 9:30am.

-Bobby

FYI expect alot of rigs in JV this weekend.
    www.RuggedJeep.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SaveTheHammers

Comment

Originally posted by Ruggedjeep View Post
      FYI expect alot of rigs in JV this weekend.
      Wasn't too bad with the sloppy weather. Claw hammer was a cluster towards the end with a big group of Cherokees at the waterfall. Ran into Rich, tried a new line in my buddies truck. Mine got sidelined a little early, busted rear axle shaft.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbynelson0730 View Post
        Wasn't too bad with the sloppy weather. Claw hammer was a cluster towards the end with a big group of Cherokees at the waterfall. Ran into Rich, tried a new line in my buddies truck. Mine got sidelined a little early, busted rear axle shaft.
        Were you in a 2 door yota with CO upfront? Coming through claw on sat afternoon?
        www.RuggedJeep.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ruggedjeep View Post
          Were you in a 2 door yota with CO upfront? Coming through claw on sat afternoon?
          Yup that was us!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbynelson0730 View Post
            Yup that was us!
            Cool. I was the guy near the entrance in the jumpsuit, we spoke briefly. Fixing a friends broken driveshaft.
            www.RuggedJeep.com

Comment

Bobby, it was nice to meet you again.

On Sunday we ran SOS and broke my rig and it got to stay on the hill for two days. I wedged my driver rear into a vertical rock, winching with a little throttle and broke the lower control arm link mount. The link then hit the driveshaft and broke the yoke on the slip joint. Turns out I am the only guy who runs 1 1/2 inch spline (most are 1 3/8) and took a run to Bruce at High Desert DS to get one. Nice to have an on board welder. Drove out without any issues. The hard part was getting back up the sand hill at the out of the trail. Lots of HP needed.
              Rich

Comment

Working...
              X