Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: Hump N Bump 1013

Seems the Government shutdown has finally affected me directly. Just now I found out that this year's HumpNBump event is cancelled. Apparently due to the permit process not being completed in time because... Yep, the shut down. After 30+ years, this event was screwed up by a bunch of ass hats in Washington DC. Thank your politicians, won't you?
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Originally posted by RAT View Post
    Seems the Government shutdown has finally affected me directly. Just now I found out that this year's HumpNBump event is cancelled. Apparently due to the permit process not being completed in time because... Yep, the shut down. After 30+ years, this event was screwed up by a bunch of ass hats in Washington DC. Thank your politicians, won't you?
    That's very sad. These guys really don't care about the country, the land or the people, and it's really showing.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

The shut down is very suspect in my mind. The permitee submits the paperwork 180 days in advance to the BLM. To me this implies that the BLM did not do their job until the last two weeks? BS! My District 37 club puts on one or two events per year on BLM land. Since the disaster a few years back in JV, the BLM has been hard on for the 180 day requirement; but we NEVER get the paperwork from the BLM until a day or so before our event.

Last week at FITD, VV4W got their permit as an event not requiring BLM participation, yet two rangers showed up on Sat eve saying their event had been cancelled. VV showed them their permit and they were off. I am out at the Tinbenders event and they have yet to get their permit. It will be interesting to see what happens out here.
      Rich

Comment

OK, two things. Tinbenbers got their permit. All is well there.

Now on to Hump and Bump. I was talking to a friend of mine today out on Means and the problem with HnB is not the BLM, but the new group of folk running the event. They did not get their paperwork in time (they have BLM, Indians and private property owners to get permission). The folk who used to run it passed on all the computer disks, etc and told them who and when they had to take care of business. They did not. This was told to him two weeks ago by the woman who used to take care of all of this.
        Rich

Comment

That sucks! I'd still prefer blaming the government, but I'm just as happy to blame laziness as a whole.
          USMC F&AM

Comment

Originally posted by TipsE-Z View Post
            That sucks! I'd still prefer blaming the government, but I'm just as happy to blame laziness as a whole.
            I like what you did there
            holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
            X