Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Running Miller Jeep Trail and surrounding

ALL TRAILS ARE RE-OPENED AND WAITING TO BE WHEELED!

This run is open to any and all who want to come! It's a great trail for newer wheelers!

Both these trails can be done in a stock Jeep. Trail #113 is a gorgeous trail full of huge trees and just really pretty to wheel through. It's easier than Miller but not a service road.

Miller Jeep Trail is rated black diamond, but that's due to the section at the very end of it. I've been running these trails for years, and it's the easiest I've ever seen it now. Only thing you may want to have are rock rails for the top; just in case. But other than that, you'll be fine just having 4 Lo. This trail does have some steep sections, but the rocks just aren't that big on this trail. And, there is a lot of just trail riding sections with no rocks as well. Anyone wondering if they can do this trail or on the fence; you'll be fine! You'll come off it with a smile on your face wanting more. Trust me!!

We'll stop for lunch at Sunset Creek right at the section of Lockwood Valley and Miller Jeep Trail.

MEET TIME: 9am Saturday Oct 19th

MEET PLACE: Flying J- 42810 Frazier Mountain Park Rd, I-5 Frazier Park Exit 205, Frazier Park, CA 93243

CHANNEL 21 CB

Some of us will be camping Friday, Oct 18th -SundayYou're welcomed to join for the day on Saturday or for the whole weekend with us!

**EVERYBODY CAMPING-

PLEASE BRING WOOD FOR CAMP FIRES! IT'S GOING TO BE COLD AT NIGHT! **

LINK TO THE PARK WHERE WE'RE CAMPING: http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1192

The link provides driving directions to the park. Also, it has contact info and a map of the inside of the park which shows all the campgrounds and trails. Everything is marked with big signs.

***OUR CAMPGROUND: UPPER SCRUBS***
    (Careful looking for the campground. There's an UPPER SCRUBS and LOWER SCRUBS) We will be in UPPER SCRUBS

Lorie

TENTATIVE LIST

1. I H8RDS -Lorie ** CAMPING- Fri-Sun
    2. 4X4smurf-Lorenzo**CAMPING- Fri-Sun
    3. Solvang100-Dwight and Lynda**Camp?
    4. Mountainneer- Ryan**CAMPING-Fri-Sun
    5. Moonrider-Eddie**CAMPING-Fri-Sun
    6. Rommelx3**Camp?
    7. Foxsat71-Carlos**Camp?
    8. GKjeep**CAMPING
    9. ZombieclownZ-Scott**Camp?
    10. Zombie Friend #1**Camp?
    11. Zombie Friend #2**Camp?
    12. Hale_ the_ Rookie- Joshua and buddy**CAMPING-Fri-Sun
    13. Tanks-Ryan*Saturday Day run
    14. Cashcow1608**Saturday
    15. Blufin-Chip * Saturday*CAMPING
    16. jr24yj**CAMPING

Maybe:
    Sinisterphoto -Saturday

I'd love to join, but it's just a week or two too soon. Hopefully there will be a few that want to do a repeat in a couple of weeks.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

No worries!

After this weekend, we are running Calico Nov 1st weekend. If you'd like to join, your welcome! Miller will be closing very soon; so my plan is to make one more trip out there before they close that trail for the season. I'll post it up!

Lorie
      Jeep Girl

Comment

this would have been fun, I've never done miller. I'm doing my clutch this weekend though.

I'm keeping my eye on the evens page though, I really want to go on a run with some other people, we're getting lonely

Comment

I H8RDS where would I find the Trail #113? I looked at the Hungry Valley Map and did not find it. thanks
          2000 XJ, 108k miles
          33's, RE 4.5", 4.56

Comment

Working...
          X