Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubicon Trail: Aug. 12

Sorry we missed your last rubicon trip. but work got in the way we are planning on going next week 8/12. We may leave on the 11th. Had a great time with you guys and gals last year.
    Dan

I wanna go!

But cant

Have fun!

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

have fun y'all
      too bad you missed our trip, and too bad we're missing yours.
      we need a mega-run that everyone can make one of these days!
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Boy did we have a trip.
        It started with my jeep vaporlocking on the way up so we could go 5 miles then wait 5 minutes until it got below 100 out
        then the wind/dust storm in Bishop, then rain after that.
        so the next day (Friday 13th) we take off ready for some fun and we made it a whole mile before i twisted my driveshaft in half. So off to placerville for parts, on the way back my wife calls in a panic
        she is on the way to the hospital with my daughter and my phone dies. we go to icehouse to a pay phone and call they are at the hospital she just passed out for no reason and they are sending her in for a catscan. So off to Tahoe we go so i can fly home. by the time we get to tahoe and call every thing is all right.(doctor thinks she just was overheated) So back to the trail. Going through gatekeeper at night is not a lot of fun by the way. get to my jeep and find out that jeff had rolled his jeep. (he put in a fullcage the night before we left) So the next morning we packed up and left with our tails between our legs. but the drive home was nice.
        Dan

Comment

Man that's a bummer. Glad that your daughter was okay.
          [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
          [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Wow! What a time you had! Have you ever been somewhere and have one thing after another after another happen to you, that made you think you probably shouldnt even be there?

Glad to hear that youre daughters ok...nothing like a your children being hurt to cut a trip short, or make you worry while youre away.

Glad to hear Jeff put in his cage in the nick of time. Howd his Jeep fare? Is it still drivable, how serious of a roll was it? Do you have any pictures?

Glad youre back safe!

Tam

Comment

His jeep is drivable the windshield is toast and the cage is pretty bent.
              He went over on the passanger side and ended up on the drivers side so everypart of the body got dented. I have a extra body that i'll give him and he has a windshield and frame and the fenders can be fixed so he only needs a hood and new cage but at least no one got hurt . he stayed up in tahoe to visit friends and got some plexi for the windshield to drive home.And since he works at a jeep shop he knows how to fix it he'll be ready for the next trip. I have pic's but they are high res so when i can size them down i will post. what res works best for this site?
              Dan

Comment

wow! sounds like the trip from hell!
                here is a great TOOL FOR RESIZING PICS
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I usually post at 600x450 or 800x600 on the board

Tam

Comment

Good times, glad everyone's o.k.
                    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

So it turns out that plexi and duct tape doesn't work to well for a windshield it bows in, they had to put some wood behind it to stiffen it.
                      but they made it home ok and has fixed the windshield and hood already.
                      Dan

Comment

Working...
                      X