Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABDSP: Culp Valley, Coyote Canyon, Kane Springs Rd, & Harper Canyon - Oct. 5th, 2013

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: ABDSP: Culp Valley, Coyote Canyon, Kane Springs Rd, & Harper Canyon - Oct. 5th, 2013

"The road into Lower Coyote Canyon was badly damaged during summer rainstorms, and will not open until mid-October or later. The road into Upper Coyote Canyon should open as scheduled October 1. Horse Camp should open October 1, but the road to Horse Camp has soft sand, and four-wheel-drive is recommended. We appreciate your patience as we work to repair these roads." -Anza Borrego Park Headquarters

Although it seemed that I would be unable to travel the entire trail, I was curious to see how far I could get and how badly it was damaged from the recent floods. There were also a few other areas I wanted to explore...

Click here for more photos and the complete write up: ABDSP: Culp Valley, Coyote Canyon, Kane Springs Rd, & Harper Canyon - Oct. 5th, 2013

Thanks for the pictures and report. Will be going out there in November.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Thanks for another interesting trip report. Love the area, but don't get down there as much as I would like.
      Rich

Comment

Nice pics as always. So, the trail was badly damaged by nature, and they're closing it so people don't...damage the damage?
        holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
          Nice pics as always. So, the trail was badly damaged by nature, and they're closing it so people don't...damage the damage?
          I guess so. I heard they are bringing in a tractor to make it passable again for most vehicles. Hopefully it'll be open by next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Borregowrangler View Post
            I heard they are bringing in a tractor to make it passable again for most vehicles.
            Killjoys

I love those metal sculptures. I don't recall the guy's name (something Hispanic) but he also has some of his work on the 79 near the entrance to Vail Lake. Some of it you have to look for out in the hills, and some of it jumps out at you (kinda literally). Amazing stuff. The guy is a real talent.
            holes = cowbell

Comment

Lower Coyote doesn't look that bad. They should let an AAT club run the trail a few times to reestablish the route!
              Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
              Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
              HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Working...
              X