Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Bronco Peak and SideWinder

Great turnout. We had about 10 vehicles with only two marked for repairs. Had a mildly built, over zealous tj try to climb a 4 ft ledge only to wheelie and land so hard that he sheared a axle ujoint and had it grenade into his lower ball joint and blasted it out of the C. Never seen that before. Also had a toyota waste a longfield. Other than that it was pretty fun. Weather was GORGEOUS and the Irish food and beers afterwards was amazing. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/attac...21-photo-2.jpg He broke towards the end. PITA section and luckily I made it w/o damage.
    Last edited by brokenujoint; 09-22-13, 06:04 PM.
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u38Ao...yer_detailpage

Comment

All that matters is that you guys had a great time right?

Comment

Good golly, what were they doing when they broke? Was hoping the video was of the carnage.

Comment

Nice! I love those trails. It'll probably be awhile before I take the TJ out there, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Borregowrangler View Post
            Nice! I love those trails. It'll probably be awhile before I take the TJ out there, though.
            I was about 5 rigs up trail when I heard on the radio that someone blew 2 balljoints. A number of us headed over &I lagged for about 20 minutes then went over as well. No footage but it was a bone stock jeep with a BB lift. He tried to follow the harder lines & he took a 4 foot rolling ledge a little to aggressively. I guess he tried about 4x's & at the 5th he gunned it a little much Wheelied the front & when he came down he was still on the gas. Well axles don't like. His left outter ujoint blew up. Not a big deal but i guess it sent shrapnel into the lower balljoint and blew it out, then as he was backing down, the leverage killed the upper. How he wasted the tie rod I dont know. Maybe from when the wheel came loose. Those oem rods are junk. Luckily we were running the trail backwards & only about 5 minutes to the trail head at 4 corners. We pulled the axle, straightened the tie rod , got his knuckle back on and used the upper ball joint best we could. He limped out and called AAA. He was lucky.

Comment

Working...
            X