Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Cougar Buttes trail exploring with Mike Koher/ 37+ adventure

We did a lil trail exploring in Cougar buttes, to add some pizazz to the upcoming Mike appreciation shindig.
    This lil outing was for 37" plus tires and not for the faint of heart.
    Whole lot of fun though. Hat of to you Mike, for spending time in the desert finding these little gems of obstacles.
    I opt for the 3 brave men as a trail name . Since only 3 of us drove it.
    Fred and Cliff did a heck of a job crawling through those jumbled rocks. Me, I just bulldozed through it
    To date this was the most kick @ss lil outing to Cougar Buttes. When Mike post some pics You'll get the idea.
    This isn't for the faint of heart, body damage is just about unavoidable, flopping very well possible, Fun? it pegs the fun meter.
    Snagged your pictures Mike, since you were the only one saving all this fun for posterity

Last edited by aw12345; 09-29-13, 10:34 AM.

The trail is short but has some good challenge for the modified vehicles. Cliff did real well with 37's, but has a WELL built TJ. There are about 7 good obsticles on it and will definately hold your attention.

The only thing the trail needs now is some more tracks on it. This trail will most likely be an addition to Hammerdown.

My camera setting dial somehow got turned and washed out several pictures, so I didn't get pix of the whole trail.

Here are a few.

Last edited by mkjeepers; 09-21-13, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Thanks again Mike for a fun morning in the desert
      Last edited by aw12345; 09-21-13, 06:57 PM.

Comment

It looks like a fun trail for the modifieds. If you have 40's for your Jeep they would work best.....and your rocker protection will certainly get shined up a little.

Too bad I didn't get pictures of the main obsticle and the first squeeze.
        Last edited by mkjeepers; 09-21-13, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Once it gets burned in some, running it in reverse would be a hoot.
          Climbing the obstacle at the end would be interesting

Comment

Sure looks like a pile of fun!
            holes = cowbell

Comment

Thanks for coordinating this Mike, had a blast this morning! Will do it again in a couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by CVD View Post
                Thanks for coordinating this Mike, had a blast this morning! Will do it again in a couple weeks.
                Now that you guys know the lines it should be a breeze next time.

Comment

Here is the Kids in the new old part of Hammerdown.

IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

So did we decide if we are going to call our new exploration, 3 brave men or 3 old men? LOL

Comment

You can call us old men (I've been called worse), young men (a lie), or brave men (an exaggeration); doesn’t matter - we had a good time.

I have to thank Art, Freddie, and Mike for spotting me thorough at least a dozen spots. This picture is a good example of Art spotting:

Comment

It's all about having fun and coming out at the end without breakage, or undue trouble

Comment

It is a fun trail. Thanks Mike and Curtis for laying it out and everybody there helping fine tune it.After looking over the rigs that ran the trail
                          we all went home with a reminder of it. So my thought would be to call it GRINDER.
                          You can make it

Comment

Originally posted by flatout View Post
                            .After looking over the rigs that ran the trail
                            we all went home with a reminder of it. So my thought would be to call it GRINDER.
                            GRINDER.....I like it!!
                            Or maybe "It I'll buff out" :haha:
                            Last edited by mkjeepers; 09-23-13, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Grinder sums it up nicely,everybody left some paint

Comment

Working...
                              X