Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: 4 corners/bronco peak connector/ sidewinder 9/21

There are about 10 of us heading up to Bronco Peak area tomorrow to run several of the trails. If anyone cares to join ( I know it's a drive from the IE) you are more than welcome. Meeting at the Valero gas station off of Tavern Road exit , city of Alpine( east of San Diego off the 8), north side of the freeway at 9am and then going over to 4 corners to air down. Channel 4 on the cb. 4+ trails with good probability for body damage. At least a locker in the rear and 33's. Afterwards we are heading back towards El Cajon to get some grub/beer and enjoy the meet and greet.
    PM for phone number if your interested.
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
    There are about 10 of us heading up to Bronco Peak area tomorrow to run several of the trails. If anyone cares to join ( I know it's a drive from the IE) you are more than welcome. Meeting at the Valero gas station off of Tavern Road exit , city of Alpine( east of San Diego off the 8), north side of the freeway at 9am and then going over to 4 corners to air down. Channel 4 on the cb. 4+ trails with good probability for body damage. At least a locker in the rear and 33's. Afterwards we are heading back towards El Cajon to get some grub/beer and enjoy the meet and greet.
    PM for phone number if your interested.
    Damn, always wanted to do that there run. Already committed. Wished you'd posted a little bit earlier. Oh well, maybe next time, Kevin.

Comment

yeah it was a last minute set up.. Down to 7 rigs.

Comment

how did this run pan out? Been wanting to try this trail for a long time as well and my rig is finally finished so looking for a good run/shakedown

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbynelson0730 View Post
          how did this run pan out? Been wanting to try this trail for a long time as well and my rig is finally finished so looking for a good run/shakedown
          Didn't happen because the area was shut down due to the wonderful government. A couple of us ran Pancake Rock instead and it was the most rutted and washed out I've ever seen. That's a good thing. Made for a few areas of interest.

Weather was PERFECT except for the freeway drive getting there. REALLY bad wind on the 8 fwy east about 7 miles past Alpine Rd. So bad we almost had to pull over. We were moving at about 40mph at that point.
          some crappy videos of pancake and bronco the week before.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTfxp_pcWeg
          http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kevi...tml?sort=3&o=1
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLcgKzunVus

video's arent nothing much. The good stuff kept me at the wheel..
          Last edited by brokenujoint; 10-09-13, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the photos. That is still a fun local trail. It sucks that Corral Canyon has also been shut down.

Comment

Working...
            X