Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Rattle Snake Cyn Web site

We have renewed the above website for another year. This is a website is sponsored by myjeeprocks.com.

If you are a fairly new member you may not have seen this site. Check it out!

www.rattlesnakecanyontrail.com
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

The gpx file appear to be more of an open xml type file and won't load into google earth.

Thanks for posting this. Might have to make this run in a couple weeks when the temps drop.

Comment

You can convert the GPX file here to a KML for Google Earth by feeding it into the convertor at http://gpx2kml.com/ and then downloading the resulting KML. The GPX is fine to import into a GPS or GPS app (like Gaia / Offline Topo, etc).

Art

Comment

I just ran this trail on Sunday to check out the conditions after all the rain storms. I'm pleased to report that Rattlesnake Canyon is in great shape! It looks hardly touched at all by the rain...though the barn in the Mining Camp is really starting to go. I took my buddy out for his first time off roading, and in his new Jeep JK (2012 with the new motor and fancy interior). He did well!

As a side note, I noticed a new (or new to me) offshoot canyon on the south side of the trail, well before you reach Mottino Wash. We went up it about 3/4 mile or so (I'm guessing?), and it kept going, but we turned back. No idea where it goes, but here is the entry:
        Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
        Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
        HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Working...
        X