Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snake River and Miller- Aug 3oth weekend!

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Snake River and Miller- Aug 3oth weekend!

Open to all who want to join!

We’re running a trail we discovered last time out at Fraizer. We’re calling it Snake River because the creek snakes in and out of the trail the whole way. If you’re worried about scratching your rig, this run is not for you. We start on Lockwood and will take one of the offshoots. The trail is marked moderate but once we continue on past a certain point, there’s some fun terrain with rocks and a lot of trees and bushes. This trail has some gorgeous views too. Once we come back from Snake River, we’ll continue on and run up Miller.

You’ll want to have sliders, tow points, and some sort of lift would be helpful. If you don’t have a lift, have some armor underneath.

Date: August 30th-Sept 1st.

We will be camping in our special little remote spot up at Sky Ranch. If you’d like to join us, let me know and I’ll give you directions via PM or phone ( Keeping the location quiet so the spot stays private) . It’s dry camping, no services. You’re basically on top of a mountain with the birds, deer and trees. If you want to come out for just a day run Saturday, that’s fine too. You can meet us at the trailhead at 1030am.

Directions to Miller’s trail head:

This trail starts southwest of Fraizer Park, west of Hungry Valley. The Flying J is right off Interstate 5 North at Fraizer Park. 42810 Frazier Mountain Rd, Lebec, CA 93243. Get gas there if you need it. From there, it's around 7 miles to Lake-of-the-Woods. Turn left on Lockood Valley Road. There's a little market there on the corner that makes the BEST sandwiches and potatoe salad From that store, it's probably around 7 or 8 miles or so before you'll see the sign to get to the trailhead on the left side of the road. The turnoff is at N34 45.578 W119 02.987. We’ll air down at the staging area and then hit the trail at N34 44.059 W119 02.364.

Bring lunch and drinks! You may want to bring sunblock and bug spray as well. This will be an all-day run!

Who’s in?

1. Lorie- I H8RDS
    2. Ron
    3. Bernie and Vanessa-Werubiblue06
    4. Heather and Alex- JeepNDirty
    5. Lorenzo- 4XSMURF
    6. Jimmy
    7. Simidan
    8. Sky
    9. Brandon and Britt-BrandonT
    Jeep Girl

Blah i have an event sept first. N the bastards at work changed my schedule tues-sat . Sucks ass

Comment

Working...
    X