Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Rubicon Trail June 13-15

I juts got back from running the trail this past week. We had great weather and no one on the trail until we left on Saturday.Little Sluice is so easy now so that was sad but the rest of the trail was great and very little water this year. We had nice temps to swim in so that was nice too. We had a small group of four Jeeps and had only had one broken track bar mount. We had a welder a and grinder so we fixed it and it worked. It was another great summer on the Rubicon.That was my eighth year in a row so I must like it a lot. If anyone is doing any day runs, let me know. I am off for two months so I am up for runs anytime.
    Kevin
    http://s406.photobucket.com/user/kma...?sort=3&page=1

Last edited by Red rubicon; 06-17-13, 01:18 PM.

I can't wait till I can get up there. Great pictures.

Comment

Nice pics! I'm looking forward to a run in August!
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Awesome shots. Guess I now know that I will indeed attempt the Little Sluice when I make my way to Rubicon as well.
        USMC F&AM

Comment

Are there any fire restrictions on the trail this season?
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
            Are there any fire restrictions on the trail this season?
            No we had fires each night and just need a permit. it is all open but easier due to some small sections like Little Sluice made easier. The hill climbs just past Little Sluice are now blocked off too. That was a fun hill to climb but overall it still the same but less hard lines than before. The trail is in great shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Red rubicon View Post
              No we had fires each night and just need a permit. it is all open but easier due to some small sections like Little Sluice made easier. The hill climbs just past Little Sluice are now blocked off too. That was a fun hill to climb but overall it still the same but less hard lines than before. The trail is in great shape.
              Thanks. Heading up in 6 weeks.

Comment

Looks like some great fun Kevin. To bad about the trail blockage.
                IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by Red rubicon View Post
                  The hill climbs just past Little Sluice are now blocked off too.
                  Well Mike... Looks like this line is off limits for ya this year.

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                    Looks like some great fun Kevin. To bad about the trail blockage.
                    At least they keep the Rubicon open. I do miss the harder lines.

Comment

Looks amazing, I hope my recent carnage doesnt keep me from my trip in August

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbynelson0730 View Post
                        Looks amazing, I hope my recent carnage doesnt keep me from my trip in August
                        Make sure you bring spare parts fluids and if you have an on board welder it helps as in our situation. You will do fine just go slow and have fun. It is a great place to wheel and camping on the lake at Buck is really cool.

Comment

I can't wait to go sometime!
                          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Boy, do I want this off my bucket list!
                            Gret pics
                            Solor Yellow LJ Rubicion 4.5 SF SA. Body armor bumpers, Sliders, Warn RC 9.0, CB,Intake, Edge TB and programer.35" X Terrains, Some additional cage work

Comment

Originally posted by luskie View Post
                              Boy, do I want this off my bucket list!
                              Gret pics
                              Eight trips later, and I love it each and every time I go there.

Comment

Working...
                              X