Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: July 13 Payette Draw in Az

I know some folks have expressed interest in this trail, as well as some others. I'm using this run as my final "what needs fixin" before a big trip in August. I've just copied and pasted the info from our local site. If anyone is up to come out and do some camping and wheeling we'd love to have ya!

Here's the details:

If you plan to camp please PM me for location. Either way the meeting location will be a Home Depot in Payson.

Where: Home Depot 2000 N Beeline Hwy Payson, AZ 85541
    When: Saturday, July 13th 2013 at 8:45a
    Rig: Locked, Lifted, 35s (33s possible), Winch, Recovery Points, Rocker Protection (The waterfall at the end is pretty rough)

**No adult beverages on the trail please**

This run is going to be capped at 8 rigs. The trail isn't what it started out as (I'm told) but still looks to be rough. Plan to have a good time out of some heat and not be in any rush.
    USMC F&AM

Well this trail was recently trashed by some irresponsible wheelers. I'm taking a sick day tomorrow so I can head up in the morning with some PeatSorb, Simple Green, Shovel, and whatever else to meet some other folks to get it cleaned up. It looks as if a group came through that was leaking fluid from start to finish, the waterfall at the end looks as if someone bashed a transmission wide open and just left it all there.

I guess I'm mostly making this post to remind folks (I really don't think it is an issue with MJR folks, but good to say) that carrying Pigs, PeatSorb, and rags should be a no brainer. If you spill something clean it up. We all enjoy the trails and things like this will cause them to close faster than any idiot strapped to a tree will.

Oh, I will have the GoPro tomorrow so I'll try to get some video of both the damages, cleanup and the trail itself posted up later this week.
    USMC F&AM

Comment

I wish I could go with you but looks like we'll be on Holcomb fixing some illegal trails that are popping up.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
        I wish I could go with you but looks like we'll be on Holcomb fixing some illegal trails that are popping up.
        I'd like to have gotten involved with Holcomb before I moved away but I drug my feet. Hopefully I can get the chance to come run that trail this summer. Maybe I'll try to do a weekday run a couple days before Rubicon.
        USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
        X