Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Gold Mountain Saturday June 1st

Might be a short notice for some but a friend and I are planning on a Gold Mountain run
    along with maybe John Bull or Holcomb.. Maybe all 3 if time permits..

If you would like to join let me know!

We will be meeting at the discovery center around 8:30AM

Are you starting with Gold Mtn and if so can I meet you you there?
    Last edited by DzrtRat; 05-29-13, 08:24 PM.
    I did it just the way you told me too!!!

Comment

Hmmm maybe. Need to put the rig back together Friday night then

Comment

Yes we are planning on doing Gold Mountain and we can meet you there if you would like!

Bobbynelson put your ride back together! Lol I'd love to see that FJ in action!

Comment

What time 2rustbuckets...at the trail head of Gold Mtn,?

Comment

My buddy and I are both towing our jeeps out there so we are going to unhitch at the discover center..
            So I'm planing for about 9AM at Gold Mountain trail head.

Comment

Cool see you at 9.

Comment

Sorry guys Im out I forgot I told some guys from Riverside Id take them through Holcombe Trail. Ill catch up with ya on another run. Have a great day.

Comment

Bummer! Next time.. Have a good run out there!
                  We might just run into each other.

Comment

i'm gonna head up there, not sure if you'll see this post, i'll try to be at the trailhead by 9...

Comment

Originally posted by jeeper joel View Post
                      i'm gonna head up there, not sure if you'll see this post, i'll try to be at the trailhead by 9...
                      I'm very sorry! I did not see your post so my friend and I ended up running the trails in a different order.. Sorry about that..

Comment

I was not sure I was going because I have not been feeling well. I woke up Sat morning early and felt better so I decided to go! I waited at the Discovery Center until 0900. Now I know why I did not see you. Maybe next time. Not your fault.

What order did you run the trails? Personally I try to do John Bull early to avoid the crowds.

I had a great day anyway. Did the middle and western rock gardens on Holcolm, both ways, Lower Larga Flats, and finished on Crafts Peak.

I also met a great guy, Steve, in a 2013 white Rubicon. Steve was with me for part of the day and we plan to go on some desert exploration trips in the future.
                        Last edited by TurtleTruck; 06-05-13, 05:52 AM.
                        Mark Matthews
                        All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

Comment

i went, found sum guys to wheel with, they were cool, broke rear leaf spring bolt on john bull, had it, quick fix w/winch! went solo through holcomb... new rock in first obstacle, broke front driveline... ran the rest of trail in 2... winched twice, but made the last rock garden no problem! just finished the repair, old floor jack handle=new front driveline! i really don't break very often, guess it was just my day... it was a LOUD snap, thought my t-case was done for, i'll call it a luck out

Comment

Working...
                          X