Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: It's Miller Time!

Hi!! This is a special run for a couple reasons. We're going to be camped at my special place and it's the first run of the season. It's breathtakingly gorgeous where we camp. The road to camp is a dirt road. RV friendly. My friends have been taking their RV's for years. Nothing but big tall gorgeous trees surrounding us Everywhere!

The trail was pre-run this past weekend. Rangers say it'll be open May 1st.

Date: Friday May 3rd-5th
    Camp location: Top of the mountain

[COLOR="#000000"][/COLOR]***3 options on meeting places***

Option 1-
    Friday-May 3rd-Meet at the Flying J off Interstate 5 at 4:15pm. From there, I'll take us to camp.

Address for the Flying J: 42810 Frazier Mountain Park Rd, I-5 Frazier Park Exit 205, Frazier Park, CA 93243

Option 2-

Friday- meet at the ranger station off Lockwood Valley Road.

Address: 34580 Lockwood Valley Rd. Frazier Park, CA 93225

From there, I'll take you to camp. ***Depending on how many people want this option, and we get a little closer, I'll decide on a time.***

I'm thinking somewhere around 7-8pm.

Option 3-

Meet us at the trail head of Lockwood/Miller on Saturday morning at 1030am.

(I realize options 1 and 2 aren't the easiest way to go, but if you're wanting to camp with us, it's worth it. You own a Jeep, put your Adventure hat on!!

Direction Details to Miller's trailhead:
    This trail is southwest of Fraizer Park, west of Hungry Valley. The Flying J is right off Interstate 5 North at Fraizer Park. Get gas there if you need it. From there, it's around 7 miles to Lake-of-the-Woods. Turn left on Lockood Valley Road. There's a little market there on the corner that makes the BEST sandwiches and potatoe salad! I know Nothing about coords; but if you're meeting us at the trailhead Saturday, the GPS Waypoint Coordinates are:

Latitude North: 34 44 07.3

Longitude West: 119 02 16.4

Make sense to you? (I really need to get a GPS)

Run Details:

Saturday- Be at the trailhead by 1030am. After we are done running Lockwood and Miller, we will be at the top of Alamo Mountain. It takes around 40 minutes or so to come back down the mountain which puts us in Hungry Valley.

Sunday
    It's Gorgeous where we're camped. Trails 118/119 are right there. We can always putt around the mountain..there's deer and other 4 legged friends out there!

[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR]Difficulty

Miller is rated Black Diamond. I've brought many stock rigs through Miller with no problems. I do recommend you have sliders. There are a few rocky areas and steep switchbacks. There's also some flat trail riding.

[COLOR="#FF0000"]PLEASE POST WHEN YOU PLAN ON COMING AND WHICH OPTION YOU PLAN ON USING TO MEET ME.[/COLOR] If you're planning on option #2 at the Ranger station Friday evening, post a good time for you. Based on the feedback from that, we'll decide on a time.

1. Lorie- I H8RDS *Option 1

2. Brandon & Savanah-Idriveoverstuff *Option 1

3. Kenny-iwaxmyjimmy- Friday night *(Option 1 *later)

4. Ryan-Mountainneer-*Option 1

5. Dwight & Lynda-Solvang100- *Option 3

6. Brad & Donna- HyperBrad- *Option 1

7. Joe-Jeepjoe22 * Option

8. Darrel-That_Titan_Guy *Option

MAYBES
    YJKalamity
    Jeep Girl

So far away :/

Comment

Are you kidding me?

Do you realize I drive 3.5 hours one way every time I do Calico...and I do Calico a lot! Big Bear is also about the same distance..maybe 20 minutes less..depending on traffic. Cougar Buttes is 2.5 hours one way. Sometimes, it's just worth it..and not just for the wheeling, but for the people who are participating.
      Jeep Girl

Comment

Tru that might roll thru depending on schedule, to early to tell

Comment

Hope you decide you want to come Hike! Be good to hang with you again!

Lorie
          Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
            Hope you decide you want to come Hike! Be good to hang with you again!

Lorie
            Oh i want to lol, just depends on work schedule cus i think my on call rotation coming around. Ahh i hate work lol

Comment

Working...
            X