Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Devils Hole Trail

That hill just East of the HOV staging area has been graded smooth, no more deep ruts to play in.

Is that the trail down into the hole?
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Give it a season of some rain, snow, and mud then it will be fun again!

Comment

Originally posted by GP4Play View Post
        Is that the trail down into the hole?
        Theres two hills on the Devils Hole trail. It's the first one that leaves the Stagging area. I was so dissapointed I turned off on 2N75 and double backed towards the house. I didn't even bother going to deep creek. Not sure what that last hill is like?

Comment

3N34X is the bypass trail that climbs out of the Pinnacles Staging Area and used to be very rutted. It was graded by mistake. Mitch is right that it will end up rutted again in the very near future.

3N34D is the trail that goes down to Devil's Hole. It was also graded by mistake. It is still one of my favorite places to stop in all of the SBNF.
          Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
            Give it a season of some rain, snow, and mud then it will be fun again!
            Yeah we didn't get much snow up here this year, been pretty dry. We'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
              3N34X is the bypass trail that climbs out of the Pinnacles Staging Area and used to be very rutted. It was graded by mistake. Mitch is right that it will end up rutted again in the very near future.

3N34D is the trail that goes down to Devil's Hole. It was also graded by mistake. It is still one of my favorite places to stop in all of the SBNF.
              Did they clear the boulders out at the bottom of 3N34D ? They had that listed as a black diamond section which seemed kinda funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
                Did they clear the boulders out at the bottom of 3N34D?
                Yes they did.
                Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

I was just there this last Saturday. Very smooth. My first time there. A hidden oasis!!!!!

Comment

What a bummer. It was always nice driving the Jeep down to the creek while people with Honda Pilots and such had to park all the way at the top. The little parking lot at the bottom will be packed now!

Comment

How do a road get graded by mistake? It's marked with it's rating and no government employee does anything without being told to do so.:angry:
                      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                      [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        How do a road get graded by mistake? It's marked with it's rating and no government employee does anything without being told to do so.:angry:
                        It was a subcontractor doing the work.

Comment

Originally posted by Moabrubi View Post
                          What a bummer. It was always nice driving the Jeep down to the creek while people with Honda Pilots and such had to park all the way at the top. The little parking lot at the bottom will be packed now!
                          +1

I have been waiting for the hole to re-open, but not like this. IDIOTS !!

:censor:

Comment

Originally posted by Moabrubi View Post
                            Too often I have seen the environmentalists use this same logic against us to get roads closed. Be very careful what you wish for.

Comment

If the "plan" shows that as black diamond, can we adopt it and bring it back to the proper status?

Comment

Working...
                              X