Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Red River, NM ??

Has anyone ever wheeled out here. I'm having a hard time finding any recent, or valuable information. The misses and her mother have birthday's a day apart; thus they always spend them together. This year it looks as if we are going to Red River, while the ladies shop and so spa stuff the Father In Law and I plan to wheel. Any suggestions?

Thank ya!
    USMC F&AM

A couple for you.

http://youtu.be/oC3OFoJ3aP4
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

That is the upper most part of my old stompin grounds. Grew up in El Paso with relatives in Albuquerque. Very sweet place to live and wheel. Enjoy it.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I was there for the Jeep Jamboree in 2003, so much to see take your time. The trails are mostly roads, some under the trees not too difficult from what I remember. There's one trail the will take you to the highest point in the state at 11,250 feet, been there and there's still a few trees up that high. Lakes to fish, old mines to explore, you'll find stuff to do not sure about the shopping unless they go to Taos which is about 45 to an hour away. Red River is a or was then a very small town, the gas station is also the drug store, a small market but no liquor you buy that at the bars which there were two. One at each end of town, about a half mile from each other and a few eateries.

Cheers

Comment

Excellent! Thanks guys. Curtis, how did you find that video? I spent a bit on YouTube searching "Red River Jeep" to no real luck. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully we'll get a chance to test out my lights and added bit of ground clearance.
          USMC F&AM

Comment

Found some photo's from 2003, wow my kids were small

Not sure if you can see them but there were big horn sheep running across that ridge in the background

Comment

It looks gorgeous out there! It looks like we are going two week before Memorial Day. Should be a good trip. Hopefully some relaxing wheeling, good fishing, and perhaps the in-laws won't kill me.
              USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
              X