Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Road to the Rubicon

Hey guys,

Whats the fastest/ quickest route from the LA area to the Rubicon.

Thanks!
    That's a BIG rock!

You can enter the Rubicon Trail from Wentworth Springs, Loon Lake, or Lake Tahoe.
    1. The quickest is to enter at Loon Lake. Take I-5 to Sacramento, head east on US-50 to Ice House Road (about 60 miles), then north on Ice House Road about 30 miles to the Loon Lake trailhead.
    2. If you want to start at Wentworth Spring, turn off Ice House Road onto Wentworth Springs Road (about 23 miles from US-50) and then it's about six miles north to the Wentworth Springs trailhead.
    3. If you want to follow the original, historic route of the Rubicon Trail, then start in Georgetown, CA. Turn off of US-50 in Placerville (about 40 miles east of Sacramento), head north on CA-193 to Georgetown (about 20 miles), then east on Wentworth Springs Road (about 35 miles) to the Wentworth Springs trailhead.

Here's a link to a map: http://rubicontrail.org/map-randy.pdf
    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
    KI6MLU

Comment

Thanks for the reply Russ. I have been over the trail several times and I start at the Loon Lake staging area. I have a buddy from LA that's going over the trail with me this year and i wanted to be able to give him some info on the best route from LA to Loon Lake, Approximate milage, travel times, that sort of thing...
      That's a BIG rock!

Comment

Working...
      X