X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: HARD ROCK TRAIL - Cougar Buttes

TRAIL
    COUGAR BUTTES

WOW!!!!!!!!!! Nuff said.......Great trail.....16+ well equipped riggs...........great day. Love It!!!!....ready to run it again!!!!!!!!.

Slide show - allow time for upload.
    http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/n...view=slideshow

First knotch.

2nd obstacle

Resident rock crawler

3rd obstacle

One in our group is eaten by the Rock Monster

Calamity Climb - real nice

Calamity Knotch - not so nice

Calamity Corner - it's better now that the rocks got moved around

Last edited by mkjeepers; 03-16-13, 07:21 PM.

We acquired another group at the calamity section

3 Wheel Climb

The Little Grand Canyon

Optional Climb

Fred makes the Widowmaker look easy

The last climb for the day

There was a lot more stuff we did,
    I just didn't get photo's of it all.
    Any others please post what you got.
    Last edited by mkjeepers; 03-16-13, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Looks like a ton of fun, bummer i missed out. Also Y'all ran into the Jeep freeks? Sure looks like it
      Last edited by aw12345; 03-16-13, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks Mike for trail leading...awesome run......

Comment

Thanks guys for joining us, you're welcome anytime.

Comment

I really needed that this weekend, thanks for the great run Mike! I'll upload my photos shortly
            [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
            www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Thanks for another great day at the Buttes! Those were some fun new obstacles, Opy definitely got a work out.

Comment

Originally posted by jonah View Post
                Thanks for another great day at the Buttes! Those were some fun new obstacles, Opy definitely got a work out.
                I think most of us got a good workout. BTW I think I might have missed an area or two - will have to go back soon.

Comment

Oh darn, we'll have to go back and see what we missed '

Here's my photos from today. Didn't really get a chance to take the photos I wanted to, with so many jeeps it's difficult, and I was busy driving. I hope I got at least one or two photos of everyone, but I don't think I did. Wish I would have got more photos of the Toyotas too! They made the rocks seem tame

It was a fun day, new obstacles, and a few new faces, and nice to see familiar faces / jeeps

My anti-rock got flipped over on the first little stretch of trail, so I disconnected it for the day. But even in spite of that, I think I walked away (drove away) getting a better feel for my jeep, each trip I get more and more confident. can't wait for the next trip

http://404photography.net/_galleries/cougar_buttes5/

And here's some of my favorite photos of the day:

Last edited by daniel_buck; 03-16-13, 09:10 PM.
                  [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

Lots of 3 wheelers out there. Looks fun.

Comment

First a big thanks to Mike for organizing this run and leading us to some great obstacles. I got lots of pictures unfortunately I did not get many of the guys up front since I was playing tailgunner. Here is all my pics http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user...20CB%203-16-13

I also got video but the gopro seems to be really jumpy so I will see if I can fix it before trying to edit something together.

Here are a few of my favorite pix

The automated recovery strap.

Comment

Yea you were all the way in the back this time, I know I didn't get many photos of you, by time you came up, it was ready to move the rest of the pack. Nice photos And good to see ya again Your jeep still rocks

Holy cow, you your photos I look really tippy going around that big rock, I guess I really was leaning quite a bit. It started to teeter a bit, but it looks worse in your photo, haha!

Comment

Looks like some great fun,and some great photo's.
                          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Gotta love Crazy Buttes! Awesome pics!
                            Jeep Girl

Comment

I rarely saw the end of the line. Thanks for tailgunning Thomas. You got some different shots from your angle.

Comment

Working...
                              X