Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Visited the desert mall parking lot

Fred and me decided that today, would be a good day to try a few Hammer trails, to see he KOH trailbuilders had changed things. Well it didn't disappoint. We ran Chocolate thunder, the line through the entrance has changed, also the wind blew a ton of sand into the entrance which filled in the dug out section quite nicely. Was a fun climb, nothing to eventfull
    Wrecking ball was more fun, the trail builders did a number this trail. We both tackled the waterfall, Fred nailed it the first , took me a few tries to get the right line.
    Spooners was next and pretty much looks like a new trail, didn't look anything like the last time.
    Much more challenging and fun.
    Videos are rendering and slowly uploading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5phU...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by aw12345; 03-04-13, 10:48 PM.

Really good weather and fun trails and not a sole in sight. But it was Monday. Cant believe how the trails change also.
    You can make it

Comment

Looks like good fun guys, (one of these days).
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Uploading the vid clip of Chocolate thunder

Comment

There is now a very well burned in bypass on the hillside to the left of Depreciation Knob at the top of Aftershock. It looks like a mine road.

It was started when some UTV's took that line on Thu. On Fri a rig broke early on lap 2 blocking the trail and everyone started using the bypass. 2 laps of that and we have a mine road.

It is too bad, but trails change. KOH just makes it happen quicker. A good localized thunderstorm can change things a lot too!
          Mark Matthews
          All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

Comment

Yes it does, the bottom of Chocolate thunder got filled in with sand, nature does it's own modifications.
            I don't mind the KOH trail mods, keeps it interesting, generally do not look for the bypasses either.
            We thoroughly enjoyed the modifications to Spooners

Comment

We'll check things out this weekend.
              Rich

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun! Art, when you gonna plan that 35's run you talked about a while back?
                "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Well the 35" tire run will happen some Sunday when some of Y'all decide it's gonna happen. I am game, pretty sure Fred is and So is Curtis

Anyway here's Freddy showing me how it's done

https://vimeo.com/61235107

Comment

Chocy thunder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDVJjR2pHp4

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                      great video art! a jeep on 33s be able to do chocolate thunder? doesn't look too gnarly.

Comment

Originally posted by clg82 View Post
                        great video art! a jeep on 33s be able to do chocolate thunder? doesn't look too gnarly.
                        You can try, my bud from North Carolina had a heck of a time on 37's

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                          You can try, my bud from North Carolina had a heck of a time on 37's

yeah well your gopro didn't do those rocks must justice....just watched a couple of other youtube videos of that area and it definetly looks pretty gnarly!

Comment

Originally posted by clg82 View Post
                            yeah well your gopro didn't do those rocks must justice....just watched a couple of other youtube videos of that area and it definetly looks pretty gnarly!
                            Big shoes make it fairly easy

But yes video makes those steep climbs look pretty flat

Spooners

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P18CY...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Spooners looks pretty nasty.
                              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Working...
                              X