• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: SouskeFest 2013

Its time to mark your calendars again.

Feb. 22-24
    Cougar Buttes, Ca
    An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

What is SouskeFest?

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
      What is SouskeFest?
      Agreed, google doesn't even have a quick answer!
      "A nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its laws made by cowards and its wars fought by fools" -Thucydides

Comment

either way I'll be in Vegas that weekend
        "A nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its laws made by cowards and its wars fought by fools" -Thucydides

Comment

Google returns a very funny thread from the NAXJA:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1090842

Comment

Lol,

That is the S/N I go by on Naxja, and some other sites. It started a few years back, when I decided to start an annual camping/wheeling trip for my birthday.

What is Souskefest? Just good times on the trail, good beers in camp, and hopefully minimal wrenching
            An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

How do you pronounce it? Even Scott wasn't 100% sure, granted he was pretty drunk when I asked...
              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

So Skay fest

Soosk fest is also acceptable

Comment

Sound mischievous, I'm out though. Turned into a Vegas weekend for me, also mischievous.

Comment

Jeep is alive again, so we will be there this year
                    Dennis and Tammy
                    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]Jeepy no worky... but Happy Birthday tomorrow!

in before the cool kids!!! :cocktail::beer::cake:[/COLOR]
                      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

A fun time was had. Happy Birthday Sean.

There was delicious food (thanks Dennis/Tammy), some clay shooting, fun fire roads, and great company. It was a great weekend. With less wind and a mere 10 degrees warmer at night, it would have been a perfect weekend!

Sean almost made a nearly impossible climb:

I nearly rolled (@1:30):

Comment

Happy Birthday Sean. My family had a great time out there with Laura ,Seans girlfriend, Mat (Materdaddy), and Scott (OU812). Some great BS times at the fire and fun on the rocks. The wind picked up to about 20mph Sat morn. but mellowed out a bit that night so we could enjoy the fire and great food. I'll post up my pic's later, Thanks for a great weekend all.
                          Dennis and Tammy
                          Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Matt, try that again but in second gear with not a lot of throttle, should walk right up

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                              Matt, try that again but in second gear with not a lot of throttle, should walk right up
                              After almost going over, I didn't feel like trying too much more. I don't have an ego and decided it'd be best to try again next time I'm out there rather than end up with those round thingies pointing up yesterday. Plus Sean took a slightly different line and walked right up like it was nothing.

I'll try 2nd gear instead of gassing 1st gear next time.

Comment

Working...
                              X