Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Sky Hi Drive

I found a new trail today that I have never run before. It's the far west end of the Pilot Rock trail just above Lake Silverwood. I usually turn down to the staging area and out. Great 1 1/2 mile or so section adopted by LOST JEEPS.

I would like to post a run some time to go from Cajon Pass through the Cleghorn trail, the all of the Pilot Rock trail and then down 2n17x. Should make for a full day.

Love the twisty sections

Looks like a perfect day mike. Not a drop of mud on that pretty jeep of youres.how do you do that.????? Lol.

Comment

testing out the new tires, eh? :-)
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
        testing out the new tires, eh? :-)
        The new tires work great. They seem smooth on the highway too.

Comment

Are those 35s? they seem to look bigger than your last set!
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

Are those 35s? they seem to look bigger than your last set!
            Yea they're 35's. THe Goodyear's run a little on the larger side. They sure work good on the highway. Took a drive out to the desert today.

Comment

Hows the road noise? That's the tire that I think I want next on my TJ, I like the thought of having a nice strong sidewall. How stiff is the sidwall? have to air down lower than before?

I went for a very cheap tire (Hercules Trail Digger) And although they seem to do pretty good offroad, they are kind of loud on the highway. I don't have much prior experience with MT tires, so I don't know if they are louder than the average MT tire or not, but I kind of think they are. Even with the doors and windows on, a few hours of driving on the freeway leaves my ears ringing a bit. And there's probably a pound of weights on each wheel to balance them haha!

I'm going to keep the Trail Diggers until the tread is getting low. Gotta stop spending money on my jeeps, if I don't have to haha!

That looks like a nice scenic trail, how rough was the roughest part? Could a stock CJ make it through?
              Last edited by daniel_buck; 01-19-13, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Hows the road noise? That's the tire that I think I want next on my TJ, I like the thought of having a nice strong sidewall. How stiff is the sidwall? have to air down lower than before?

I went for a very cheap tire (Hercules Trail Digger) And although they seem to do pretty good offroad, they are kind of loud on the highway. I don't have much prior experience with MT tires, so I don't know if they are louder than the average MT tire or not, but I kind of think they are. Even with the doors and windows on, a few hours of driving on the freeway leaves my ears ringing a bit. And there's probably a pound of weights on each wheel to balance them haha!

I'm going to keep the Trail Diggers until the tread is getting low. Gotta stop spending money on my jeeps, if I don't have to haha!

That looks like a nice scenic trail, how rough was the roughest part? Could a stock CJ make it through?
                On the mountain they run real smooth and firm on the curves
                hi way they're noticably quieter than the previous model - meaning I'm very satisfied with the roadability. I like the ride - they don't seem very stiff. I had them on the rocks today and they work perfect. lol

Comment

a very promising review, thanks :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X