Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Hammerdown/Cakewalk Report

It was a great day today on Hammerdown & Cakewalk. A great group and everyone enjoyed the nice freezing weather in the desert. I'm not sure it got too much above freezing - but at least there wasn't any wind.

Hammerdown went very well w/o any problems or breakage - sure is a fun trail eveyone enjoyed it a lot. We'll have to do it again soon.

From there we ran the best of Cakewalk and back through the Bullfrog trail. Sure was a nice day. It was nice to have some new people out there - for some it was the first time on the trails.

Dallas came out driving a Commanche with 39'' military tires, he and his family had some good close family time together in the front seat of the Commanche.

Mike had a really nice silver TJ that was way cleaner than mine, though we helped him rub a little paint off of the rocker panels before the end of the day.

It was a great day and hope to do it again soon. Thanks to Daniel I got a few pix of my Jeep this time.

Slidesow - allow time to load up.

http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/n...view=slideshow

Don't ask - I was running for cover when this happened.LOL

Last edited by mkjeepers; 01-12-13, 08:06 PM.

Cool pics Mike, bummer I had to work. The oopsy looks interesting lol. Also looks like Opy is all better and back on the trails.
    No pics of the little side trail though and yet it's so much fun.
    Next time you head out there I'll have to see if I can switch days to come hang out with Y'all

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
      Cool pics Mike, bummer I had to work. The oopsy looks interesting lol. Also looks like Opy is all better and back on the trails.
      No pics of the little side trail though and yet it's so much fun.
      Next time you head out there I'll have to see if I can switch days to come hang out with Y'all
      Love to have you along Art. I miss the old days running these trails.

Oh BTW the yellowish CJ broke a U joint on an obstical on Cakewalk and headed back to the trailer.
      Last edited by mkjeepers; 01-12-13, 08:10 PM.

Comment

I'll see if I can tag along the next round, seems there is a bit more exploring to do lol

Comment

Thank you for everything guys. It was a very fun trail.
          It is a pleasure to be able to wheel with very well experience drivers & awesome jeeps.
          Hope to be able to do it again.
          Thanks

Comment

Dallas, it was a pleasure to meet you. And your Comanche is a beast :-D

Will post my photos soon!

Great run everyone!
            [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
            www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Great pictures Mike and thanks again for a great run and spotting. Nice to meet some of you for the first time already looking forward to the next run.
              I did it just the way you told me too!!!

Comment

It was great to meet and wheel with the group! Mike did a great job picking the obstacles and lines, thanks. This may have jumped to the #1 spot on my favorite area/trail(s) to wheel list. As for bumping the armor, heck, that's what it's there for, right :smile:.

Until next time,

Mike
                [COLOR="#FF0000"]ANGRY MIDDLE CLASS WHITE GUY![/COLOR]

Comment

Looks like you guys had a great time and some nice pictures Mike. Mike did you see that trail I was talking about?
                  IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                    Looks like you guys had a great time and some nice pictures Mike. Mike did you see that trail I was talking about?
                    We looked as we exited the canyon. The only thing that resembled the picture was what looked like an alternate route to the "S" turn. That looked like you go straight and go up a rocky section then a little ways up a canyon, then there were several tracks going back to the main trail we were on.
                    Last edited by mkjeepers; 01-13-13, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Thanks everyone for coming out, I know I had a great day. Looking forward to your pictures Daniel. I saw that camera blazing all day.

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                        We looked as we exited the canyon. The only thing that resembled the picture was what looked like an alternate route to the "S" turn. That looked like you go straight and go up a rocky section then a little ways up a canyon, then there were several tracks going back to the main trail we were on.
                        It continues on quite a ways, has some fun stuff, that could benefit from a lil bit of spotting for most.

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                          Thanks everyone for coming out, I know I had a great day. Looking forward to your pictures Daniel. I saw that camera blazing all day.
                          A great day indeed!

I'm at work today, I'll have time to upload them tonight
                          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

That was a beautiful day out there with a fun group. Hammerdown was a lot of fun, thanks Mike for the excellent spotting (and the great pics)! I sure am glad i found you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by jonah View Post
                              That was a beautiful day out there with a fun group. Hammerdown was a lot of fun, thanks Mike for the excellent spotting (and the great pics)! I sure am glad i found you guys.
                              Glad you could make it, BTW you found us twice out there.
                              With the breakneck speed you went through Hammerdown we hardly had time to get any pictures. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X