Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Celebration back to the ROCKS! Calico bound March 8th weekend

Hey everybody!

By March, I will be 100% healed from my back surgery!

The address to the ghost town is 36600 Ghost Town Road Yermo, CA 92398. To get to our camp, you'll go 100 yards past the Ghost Town. Doran Scenic Rd is on the left. I'll put up some blue marker tape. We're going to camp off Doran Scenic Rd before you go around the bend to the Gatekeeper. There's plenty of room for RVs. It's dry camping. No facilities, water etc. We'll run Doran, Odessa, can run Wall Street, and just go tool around.

If you want to come out Saturday, we'll leave camp for the trails around 10am.

You should have tow points; front and rear, sliders, armor, be lifted and at least 31's..33's are better. Lockers are not required, but helpful in a couple spots. If you don't have them, no biggie. Worse case is you get a strap/winch.

Look for my yellow happy face flag. I'm a white TJ. American Flag flying driver with a pink windshield banner that reads It's just a rock- I'll get over it.

CB- Ch 4. ( I don't get cell service once out in the canyon.)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING SOME WOOD FOR CAMP

Anybody interested?
    Jeep Girl

Hi Lori,
    So that's what you've been doing! You must be going stir crazy. I'll be putting that on my calendar.

Mike
    "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Ya Mike..seems like Forever. Can't wait to wheel with you again!

The last time I wheeled Calico, (Halloween) our friend busted his axle on that wash by Wall Street. It happened a week before he was going to beef it up with a super in the rear.

I'll be counting the days..Bernie and Vanessa are in for this one too...
      Last edited by I H8RDS; 01-04-13, 02:53 PM.
      Jeep Girl

Comment

Here's who we have so far..anyone is welcome!

1. I H8RDS- Lorie and I'll get there around 6pm Friday
        2. Werubiblue06-Bernie and Vanessa-Friday
        3. Deepwater- Mike
        4. BRANDONT-Brandon and Britt
        5. Maverick243- Parker
        6. rkwfxd- Rich
        Jeep Girl

Comment

Updated list..

I know it's a little ways off but l will most likely cap this run around 15 rigs, so if you were thinking about coming let me know sooner than later!

3. Deepwater- Mike

4. BrandonT-Brandon and Britt

5. Maverick243- Parker

6. rkwfxd-Rich

7. K9HDLR

8. Derp- Nick and Pooch

9. lovethetrails5

Maybe:

Suicideking- Rick
          Jeep Girl

Comment

Well by yumpin yiminy, Lord willin, and the creek don't rise, I plan on being there. Unless the Alheimers sets in. Of course that won't matter that I forgot what I forgot, cause I won't remember that I forgot. Kevin.

Comment

LOL ! You're gona be a hoot! Will add you to my list and look forward to seeing you there. Coming out Fri or Sat? I'm assuming you know where we'll be? Pretty easy..I don't have GPS; still old school Everybody seems to always find me though!

3. Deepwater- Mike

5. Maverick243- Parker

6. rkwfxd-Rich

7. K9HDLR

8. Derp- Nick and Pooch

9. lovethetrails5

10. 1 Bad F N Z- Kevin

Maybe:

Suicideking- Rick
              Jeep Girl

Comment

I'm finishing a project in early March, if we're done before the 8th I think I can go! If we're not done before the weekend, then I'll most likely be working that weekend. So put me for a maybe.
                [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Sure thing Daniel..be good to wheel with you again! Have you ever been to Calico?

3. Deepwater- Mike
                  5. Maverick243- Parker and Jess- Friday
                  6. rkwfxd-Rich
                  7. K9HDLR
                  8. Derp- Nick and Pooch
                  9. lovethetrails5
                  10. 1 Bad F N Z- kevin

Maybe:
                  Suicideking- Rick
                  Big Vic
                  Daniel_Buck
                  Jeep Girl

Comment

I'll be back in April! Wish I could join...

Comment

Woah Skylar! You're alive :-D
                      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

Originally posted by SkylarM View Post
                        I'll be back in April! Wish I could join...

Sky?? Sky Who??? I vaguely remember somebody by the name of Skylar.. :tongue:
                        Jeep Girl

Comment

Yeah. I've been in the south east for a few months without much computer access. My Jeep's been sitting at Gary's place, and will need some work before getting back out on the trail, but I'll be back out with you guys soon I can't wait!

Comment

You've got some catching up to do haha

Comment

It's been a while since I've been to Calico, I forget how difficult the trails are. I remember a few of the obstacles, mostly shelf climbs and a few narrow uphill canyons. Think my Willys could be ok? It's super short 80" wheel base, narrow track width, 31" MT tires, and open differentials. And by time this run goes, I should have 2.5" of lift.

I seem to remember that we had a few stock vehicles make it through (a wrangler, and a Grand Cherokee) with a few tugs here and there, think I would be ok in the Willys? I would be a little concerned on some of the shelf/waterfall climbs with the short wheel base, but I've got D-rings front and rear. I'd love to get the willys out to some trails But I don't want to be slowing everyone down. I'll be taking it to Hungry valley in a few weeks, see how it does out there.
                              Last edited by daniel_buck; 01-17-13, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X