Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Big Bear Snow Run 20th or 26th

I was thinking maybe on the 20th or 26th of running Gold Mountain and onto John Bull, we havent been getting a ton of snow but I think trails have a good amount on some sections.
    I did it just the way you told me too!!!

Let me see how things are as we get closer but I'm interested.
    Check out .

Comment

I can't make the 20th, but I can do the 26th
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

26th works for me, we can meet up at 9 at Gold Mtn trail head off the 18. Or if a later time works better thats fine too.

Comment

that sounds good to me. What's the best way to get up there this time of year (in terms of road conditions), coming from LA (from the 210). 330 to the 18? or the 38 the entire way up?
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

Can't do the 26th now. Sorry. Have fun.
            Check out .

Comment

Personally I dont like the 38 but it does drop you off at the right end of the lake... The 38 has been a mess everytime it snows so Id probably just mapquest it and take the shortest route....Oh and thanks for the cable, Id like to have it on before the 12th but itll be ok.

Comment

Dangit I was hopeing that CJ would lead the way... Hey I live up here and am somewhat retired so if anyone wants to wheel up here just shoot me a msg.

Comment

There's no snow is Big Bear... But I bet February is gonna be a ball buster as far as weather goes. January is supposed to be dry and slightly warm.
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

no snow? :-( Maybe we should wait until it's snowing?

Jess, it doesn't take long to spool on a new line, we could probably do it while we're waiting for the rest of the group to arrive at our meet point.

Comment

If the 20th we are in. We are coming to Big Bear on the 19th. Thought about running Jacoby up to 3N16 soon as we got in. I was hoping to do John Bull and Holcomb on the 20th then maybe hit CB either the 21or 22. Was thing to come snow board but back is not up for it, wheeling inserted. Don't want to high jack thus thread, will post our plans from pc soon.
                      USMC F&AM

Comment

Originally posted by DzrtRat View Post
                        Dangit I was hopeing that CJ would lead the way... Hey I live up here and am somewhat retired so if anyone wants to wheel up here just shoot me a msg.
                        I love snow runs so just keep posting them and I'll make it.
                        Check out .

Comment

Rat, No snow??? I have six inches in my front yard and just ran up to Holcombe Valley then through Gold Mountain and had snow the whole way.. But yer right its suppose to be pretty dry for atleast the next 14 days.

Comment

Tips-EZ Im in for the 20th if yer gonna be up here. Just shoot me a msg whene and where you wanna meet.

Comment

Sounds good lets do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X