Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black0Rifle View Post
    How hard is Hammerdown compared to the Bullfrog/Cakewalk trail?
    Just got back from Christmas w/ family - I think I ate way too much.

I think this would be the most difficult section (above). The challenge of the HD trail, though it's only 100 yards long or so, is that it is technical - easy to get a little body damage if you're not careful - for me so far so good.

You will need a locker on the first obstical and on one towards the end. But it is a fun trail.

Comment

Actually this time around the downhill part next to this thing kicked a few peoples heiny

Comment

Did we decide on a date for this, 12th or 19th?
        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

I think Mike said the 12th...Buck this trail is no joke...Its way harder than anything else out there Ive been on.. I wanna try it on the 12th but just the entrance is way nasty. Ill follow you!!!
          I did it just the way you told me too!!!

Comment

Mike this is the part where Dean broke his pitman arm and I broke my axle.

Got bound up in the hole an powered out of it.
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by DzrtRat View Post
              I think Mike said the 12th...Buck this trail is no joke...Its way harder than anything else out there Ive been on.. I wanna try it on the 12th but just the entrance is way nasty. Ill follow you!!!
              I'm up for trying! I've been very comfortable with everything at CB so far, I think the serveral CB runs we've done have probably been the most challenging stuff I have been through, I'll give HD a go The 12th works best for me, see you there
              Last edited by daniel_buck; 01-01-13, 06:40 PM.
              [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post

Loving the leaf springs flex!
                Regards,
                Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

Let's go for the 12th since that seems best for most. HD isn't that hard it's just pretty technical - you got to take it just right - I think...

Curtis were you backing up when the axle snapped?

Comment

After looking at the picture.

I guest I was backing up.
                    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Ummmmm... Randy's front passenger fender no longer looks like this. He "remodeled" it later in the day.....

Originally posted by curtis View Post

SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                      MJR moderator
                      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

custom fit

I must say, that's some pretty sweet flexing on them leaf springs, looks like a TJ :beer:

Comment

Here are some pictures off wifes cell phone of on the edge/ hammer down. Sorry some posted more then once. http://s1132.beta.photobucket.com/us...ougar%20buttes
                          Last edited by DzrtRat; 01-02-13, 11:47 AM.

Comment

I dont know 3 breakdowns in a 1/4 mile is pretty tough. Im looking forward to doing it on the 12th but it seems alot more difficult/technical than BF or CW...

Comment

Where is this at? I'm in which day are u guys going out

Comment

Cougar Buttes area of Highway 247 little way after Lucerne valley. Then turn left on Camp Rock rd then right on the dirt road just after the pistachio farm. Follow road towards the rock formations on the right

Comment

Working...
                                X