Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Bullfrog Trail Report

We had about 20 vehicles turn out for the Bullfrog run today. It was a cold morning and temps got up to about 40 degrees. The run went well with no breakage - only a few new scratches for some.

With the added sections there's not a dull moment on the trail anymore. It was the first time on the trail for many and I think everyone had a great time.

Thanks to all who came out - too many to remember - a great group. Nice to put some faces and vehicles to the forum names. We had a good showing from the Toyota FJ club - the FJ's did great on the trail. Post up some pictures any who took them.

Slideshow - photobucket takes a little while to load up.
    http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/n...view=slideshow
    http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/n...view=slideshow

Chicken Rock

New fun obstical

I think this is as drastic as I've seen.

Last edited by mkjeepers; 12-16-12, 10:36 AM.

Cool pics, Mike. Looks like Y'all had fun, to bad I have to work Saturdays

Comment

I tell you what, this was a fun trip! Good times for sure! I didn't take many photos, but I'll upload what I got soon.

Thanks again Mike, for leading the way and showing us a good time
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
        Cool pics, Mike. Looks like Y'all had fun, to bad I have to work Saturdays
        It was a great day, maybe another time Art.

Comment

Great pics! I like that place, too bad I couldn't make this run.

Comment

It was a good day, though short for me, but had a good time and a good group of people. The gentleman in the burgany JK did well for a stock vehicle. I was impressed. And the young man in the black Fj, got some awesome air. Everybody have a Merry Christmas, Kevin.

Comment

Hope your back feels better Kevin.

Comment

What happened? Hope you get better!

And yea, that 4 door burgundy jeep surprised me, it walked right through areas that I expected it to get snagged up on! Time for sliders with some sliders and taller tires, that thing is going to blast through CB with no worries
                Last edited by daniel_buck; 12-15-12, 10:06 PM.
                [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                  Hope your back feels better Kevin.
                  Thanks Mike, the ol body just doesn't take the hits as well as it use to. Kevin.

Comment

By the way we missed you Curtis - I know the mountain roads were iced over pretty bad today.

Comment

for some reason the colors/contrast of the photos seem to be looking strange when I upload them, but here they are. I need to figure out what's going on with the contrast! I'll re-upload them if I figure it out.

http://404photography.net/_galleries/cougar_buttes3/

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
                        Thanks Mike, the ol body just doesn't take the hits as well as it use to. Kevin.
                        You got up that's all that matters. Thanks for looking out for me and to all thanks for the patience! Would have hung longer but the wife wasn't digging it and we know how that is. Now if I could just see the vid of me almost flopping...,
                        An ugly Jeep with some stuff.....

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                          for some reason the colors/contrast of the photos seem to be looking strange when I upload them, but here they are. I need to figure out what's going on with the contrast! I'll re-upload them if I figure it out.

There are some pretty nice shots in there Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post

One of the other cameras had the lens fog up because of the cold...possability.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                              There are some pretty nice shots in there Daniel
                              Thanks Art! I hope to tag along on the hammers some time to get some shots of the real rock crawlers, haha! I got my spare axle shafts, finally! :beer:

I must say though, every time I hit CB with Mike & crew, I just can't wait to go back again and again. I'm feeling more and more comfortable on these trails. This time I lifted tires pretty good several times, and teetered back and forth a few times in two areas, which I don't think I've ever done before. All due to taking questionable lines no doubt, but I'm getting a better feel for things I think, or at least I'm more comfortable with odd angles. It was quite fun! The folks following me have learned not to follow my lines, haha! I can see just fine, but I drive by braille

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                              One of the other cameras had the lens fog up because of the cold...possability.
                              Naah, not the issue this time, although that can potentially be an issue for sure! Rapid temperature and humidity changes can fog up a lens quickly. I'm having a computer issue, what I see when I save the image, is not what I see when I upload it, it's strange. not a huge difference, but it's different.

But HOWEVER, I am using a lens that is as old as my father, so it gives a different look anyway

And speaking of temperature differences, last time I was in Death Valley, it was 95+ degrees in the valley, and snowing at the top of some of the trails. My windshield cracked right smack down the center! No joke. haha! I don't know what caused it for sure, but I attribute it to the temperature, and maybe flexing of the frame/tub, and the darn FLAT windshields on our Jeeps I passed inspection, so I'll just leave the windshield like that, split down the middle And there it shall stay.

Mike, I'll tell you what, those FJ guys were lifting tires HUGE today, I'd say they have more balls than we have lockers. It was quite fun to watch! I have to ask though, is this how they always wheel, on 3 or less tires? Or was this over their heads and they just plowed through?

Great photo Mike, MAN this lookied like it was going to roll over for sure! I'm glad it didn't, no cage in there.
                              Last edited by daniel_buck; 12-15-12, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X