Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Rubicon July 16-18, 2004

Welcome back, Jeepers! How was the trip?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Woohoo!! Bigger and better than last year! Everyone had a blast, we had some broken stuff but not too bad - stevo had a few issues (need the guys to give you the technical rundown) and sully had some spring probs at the end. minus trail traffic heading the opposite direction we made pretty good time, camped at buck island the first night and rubicon springs the second. weather was purrrfect with light rain while we were sleeping. much, much, much more to come!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

WOW! the run was fantastic! as sarah said, there were a few small issues with a few rigs... mine broke a brake line, which was quickly swapped out with a spare thanks to the nascar trail repair team
      steveo got his rig through with no body damage to speak of, but the trail was pretty hard on his grand cheokee. there were a few dents, and dings along the way, but nothing that was unexpected for a trail of this caliber.
      great time!
      well, i'm going to go to the junk yard,a nd get a new compressor this morning. all that use of the die grinder killed mine.
      i'll also have to start to gather parts for some suspension mods, which were made very aparent on the trail.

i had a great time out there, and it was a real pleasure to spend those few days with each and every one of you. becky enjoyed her time on the trail as well!
      lets do it again!
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Sure rub it in. :mad: Some of us had to work Maybe next year
        [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
        In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

OK, ladies and gentleman... here they are!
          http://www.nailer341.com
          check out the photo gallery, under rubicon 04.
          enjoy the pics!
          here are a few teasers....

ERIK

Comment

MIKEY THE FIREMAN
            make sure you scroll all the way to the botton of the gallery page for a couple of small videos. :camera:
            ERIK

Comment

All I got were 145 little red x's!!!!! I want pics dammit!!!!!!
              olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Just pulled up. The trip was awsome and there was excitment around every corner! On the way home this morning we stopped cause my dad's jeep started getting these crazy shakes. Filled it with gas and noticed one of the back tires is flat. AGAIN! The same one that was low last night. SO we put fix a flat in it and I start airing the thing up and the side wall blows up like a balloon. If any of you looked at my dad's highlift after the trail you would see that it was bent. So we used the stock bottlejack and mounted our spare tire. What an adventure! Pics to come soon.

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaahahah LMAO at chris ... spilled coffee all over my keyboard ... aaaaaaaahahahhahaahahh that pic is hillarious. Glad to hear y'all are back safe and sound.
                  03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                  "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
                    All I got were 145 little red x's!!!!! I want pics dammit!!!!!!
                    are the pics working for you now?
                    ERIK

Comment

Pics are working for me... It sure looks like you all had a great time! I have been going through Rubicon withdrawals for a while now. Those pics only made it worse! Iwish I could get a little time off from work to make it up there, but I'll have to wait until next month...
                      Michael Stowe
                      Tin Benders

Comment

i can see them....

to the sullivans: glad you guys made it home allright, how long did you sit in the staging area?

Comment

About 30 minutes after everyone else pulled out.

Comment

Ok I'm sure ya'll are waiting for a 'real' report ... so I'll give it my all ---

We headed out of Icehouse around 8am and the mini van pace car was keeping Rick from going 60 around the curves. Everyone was excited to meet and chat so it took a while to actually air down and get going. Everyone made it through gatekeeper without any damage! We were off to a good start. We met up with Sean and his buddy not too much later - they had actually gotten to the trail head on time! (Imagine that! LOL Sorry about that guys

Chris made it through little sluice with all kinds of classic body damage and after watching him I found out that stevo's wheel had fallen off! Lots of grinding later we met up with JeepGal, Nailer, Dukes, Mikey, Brian4.2, Sully and 5150 at Buck Island Lake at about 6pm.

After dunking the dog and making her swim (haha) I was brutally attacked by a snake (ok, it just looked at me and I screamed) we cooked some Hamburger Helper and set up camp. After a bit of relaxing the mosquitoes came out and then we had the famous slideshow. It rained a little early that morning but not enough to weigh down the dust.

Shockingly, Rick and I rounded up the group and were the first ones in the Jeep and ready to go! We left camp around 10am I think, since we didn't have very far to go to Rubicon Springs. We hit some trail traffic (about 20 Jeeps running the opposite direction) at the top of big sluice. Nailer broke a brake line coming down the rocks, but it was all fixed up in no time. We were surprised that "our campsite" from last year was waiting for us - warm rocks and all. We hit the lake to wash up and lay in the sun. Dusk came quickly and the bonfire's smoke kinda kept the bugs away.

We headed out - maybe around 9am - to head toward Cadillac. The line was long like we expected, but after a few 'spots' here and there we made it to the top to take another group photo. The ride out seemed ultra-long, and sully broke a spring pin um, or something LOL.

Gosh that probably sounds pretty boring but it really wasn't -- I gotta start working on the photos! D'oh! We had a grrrrreat time and it was super awesome to see everyone again, and meet everyone new! I hope I didnt' hit the post character limit LOL

Comment

It was a blast.
                              Even though i had some damage, i still had fun.
                              Put full new front breaks on tonight and got rid of those spacers, so im safe again.
                              But thanks again to everyone, had a great time and looking forward to our next run.
                              Mike
                              93 grand, 33" pro comps, hp30, front long arms, front lock-rite.

Comment

Working...
                              X