Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Lawrence Welk Trail ShakeDown Run Saturday Dec 8th

It's up near Escondido and is a pretty cool trail. If anyone is interested in hitting it up chime in... If you're not familiar, youtube it.
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

3 vehicles so far.. It's gonna be a gorgeous day tomorrow.....anyone else?

Comment

What time are you guys going? I've been there a few times but have never been to the landing strip.
      WILL WORK FOR JEEP PARTS!!!

Comment

gonna meet up at the AM/PM at 10 am

Comment

Haven't run this in years. Wish I had seen it sooner, it's close, and fun. I had the morning relatively free too!
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Just got home. This trail had sections that were actually a lot harder than I expected to see. I had to pus out on the 1st (gatekeeper if you will) step up. Sand like granite that you could barely walk on with out falling down, a 4ft step up and a mean lil off camber twist to it had me taking the bypass SADLY. I was very disappointed at myself. I knew I could do it but my nads werent tough enough today. The composition of the ground in Escondido is VERY different than Big Bear or the desert. If it wants you to go right but your turning left, your going right. .... No decent pix worth posting as I was to into wheeling and not getting out to fall down.
            If anyone wants to do this trail again on a Wed Thurs or Fri sometime, I'm game.
            As for those who viewed the thread, thought about it, then backed out... To bad for you.... it was fun.
            Last edited by brokenujoint; 12-08-12, 07:10 PM.

Comment

I was going to go but ended up taking care of some stuff. I was there a couple months ago and it had changed a lot since the last time I was there. I enjoyed the trail at the water tower though! Glad you had a good time!

Comment

I had heard a rumor that this trail was closed. Glad to hear that is not true. I'd like to get down to the area and check it out. Too bad about the pics.
                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                [/COLOR]

Comment

heres a link to another forum where a buddy put up the pics.. not to special esp mine but one shot pretty much sums up the day. hopefully the link works. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f262/...n-run-1447038/

Comment

Went today for a couple hours, tried the left side of the step up at the water tower but couldn't make it. Just too wet, tried a couple different lines but the tires were all balled up. Still had some fun though. A lot of dirt bikes were up there rippin through the muddy trails.

Comment

Working...
                    X