Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Hungry Valley

A coworker/friend of mine and I went camping in Hungry Valley this weekend. We intended to go wheeling in Frazier, but it was locked up, so we couldn't go. I had no idea there were tons of trails in Hungry Valley, so we just decided to give those a try. Most of the trails we found were real easy, and real short, but with a ton of straight-up hill climbs, which didn't interest either of us to much, especially with dirt bikes flying up those things, we didn't want to hit anyone, so we avoided most of the hill climbs that didn't lead anywhere. I suspect this area is mostly intended for dirt bikes.

But we did find a few Black Diamond trails. However, they weren't really what I would call black diamond. I think a bone stock wrangler on bald street tires at 35psi could make it through both of the black diamond trails we found. But it was fun, and very beautiful! The trails were short, but fun.

There's some real nice camping areas there, Thanks to Russ for suggesting it to us :-)

It was kind of a shake-down run for my friends Blazer, it did very well! Last time in Frazier, he was having trouble with the carburetor, it didn't like to idle off-camber. But it performed wonderfully this time with the new carb, and the new suspension seemed to flex well enough, even though there wasn't really many opportunities to flex in Hungry.

http://www.buckshotsblog.com/?p=994 <--- more photos here

Last edited by daniel_buck; 12-02-12, 09:41 PM.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Cool pic's Daniel, never been yet. Your Buddys Blazer looks cool.
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Looks like a good time. Nice flex on that Chevy. And the skies are great in your pics.
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
      X