Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

more than 1000 miles through croatia (pic. heavy)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: more than 1000 miles through croatia (pic. heavy)

this was my birthday-trip 2012.
    i invited friends and we had a good time.
    we do this since 2009 every year (exept 2011, when i have done the rubicon), its called back in time--- B.i.T.

we have been in italy and slovenia before and it was always 3 days but this year we traveld one week.

i live 30 min from the italian and slovenian border and through slovenia i need 3 hour to croatia.

here are the pics. enjoy

croatia is a beautiful country but dangerous because in the mountain only the streets +2m left and right are clean the rest is full with mines from the yugoslawien war.
    --------------------------------this is from wikipedia-----------
    Approximately 2 million mines were laid in various areas of Croatia during the war. Most of the minefields were laid with no pattern or any type of record being made of the position of the mines.[287] A decade after the war, in 2005, there were still about 250,000 mines buried along the former front lines, along some segments of the international borders, especially near Bihać, and around some former JNA facilities.[288] As of 2007, the area still containing or suspected of containing mines encompassed approximately 1,000 square kilometers (390 sq mi).[289] More than 1,900 people were killed or injured by land mines in Croatia since the beginning of the war, including more than 500 killed or injured by mines after the end of the war.[290] Between 1998 and 2005, Croatia spent €214 million on various mine action programs.[291] As of 2009, all remaining minefields are clearly marked.[292]
    -----------------------------------------

gerald

pics. part 2

gerald

Comment

Awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing what looks like it was a great trip!
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Heck of a road trip

Comment

WOW very cool trip, thanks for all the pics. I see a lot a CJ's there I like the yellow Jeep - trailer combo. Stay safe over there, we only have nasty cactus and snakes here to watch for.
          Dennis and Tammy
          Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Thank you for sharing! What a beautiful place. That swimming hole must make a great place to wash the dust off.
            God forgives, rocks don't
            -sons of thunder

Comment

Beautiful and interesting place--thanks for sharing!
              holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
              X