X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Hump & Bump 2012

Great Time, Weather, and Friends.

More to come.
    Last edited by curtis; 11-04-12, 06:31 PM.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

I snapped a couple with my phone:

Camp area:

Friday – Rock Bottom:

Saturday – exploring on our own:

Comment

Looks great, nice pics going there over new years.
      06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
      07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Looks Y'all have fun there Curtis, will have to hit that area up some time, maybe on the way to Moab, would break that trip up nicely

Comment

Day One

We had a good MJR turn out for the event. Curtis, 4xfiend, RAT, CVD, RonR., and Me. We also saw Gerald (Provelogear) a couple of times during the event.

I have a lot of pics and video. It will take a bit to sort through the video, but here are some of the pics from Friday. We ran Rock Bottom, the "new and improved" Bronco Falls, and then went to find the Sword in the Stone.

Rock Bottom:

After the official run that we signed up for, a group of us headed over to Bronco Falls. We had heard that there was a new version of the Bronco Falls trail, but we didn't know where it was. As we started in on the original trail, we were stopped for a while by a huge group coming out of the trail. I got bored while waiting and went down a canyon that had a fair amount of tire tracks. I found the new version of the trail and called for everyone to join me:

The New Bronco Falls Trail - the First Climb:

At the top of the climb, the trail makes a jack-knife turn to the right up a ledge:

None of us could make the turn in one try. You have to climb up to the outcrop and then back down a little to line up for the climb:

The trail twisted across the ridge and then dropped down a steep series of falls:

At this point there is an escape trail that leads back out. Several folks with us bailed at that point. Only the MJR crew crawled on through the new trail that ends at the famous Bronco Falls:

We ran into Gerald at the Shedder Bowl and followed him and several of the Currie crew over to a buggy obstacle to watch them play:

Gerald gave it a try but couldn't get traction to climb up:

Kurt gave it a good try too:

Afterwards, we went to find the Sword in the Stone. The coordinates that FISHPoet posted are perfect:

It is near a pretty area:

After we ate dinner, we talked Justin into a quick night run on the Rock Bottom V-Notch. Kurt led the way and got a little off line:

Justin did better, but still not quite right:

I got in a bad spot briefly and bent my fender a bit:

But we all got through the Notch and then took the escape trail back to camp:
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Nice pics, fun stuff Mike.
            Ready for some Hammer stuff next Sunday?

Comment

Day Two

On Saturday, we decided to do our own thing. Ron took his family on the 13-mile run, so we planned to see him at the Raffle later. The rest of us went out to the west side of the area and ran the Hawkins Trail, Part of the Bowl Trail, and Arockalypse.

But first, we had to get a shot of Sharon with her personal street sign :

On the Hawkins Trail, I tried the line that got Skeeter into trouble last year and had the same results. This bandit came to my rescue:

We found this interesting cactus growth on Hawkins Trail:

The crew at the highest point of the trail:

Next we found our way to The Bowl. It is a giant drainage formation:

I missed the water fall obstacle for the trail on the way in, but we went out that way:

Then we all turned around and played on the falls before moving on:

We shot down south to the Bowl Trail's S-Turn. Usually, it is ran in the downhill direction, but we all tried the uphill run. I went first:

I was doing well until I popped a tire off the bead:

We got it re-inflated and I got through the obstacle with no further issue. Everyone else made it through just fine:

Then, of course, we crawled back down the S-turn:

We headed north to the Arockalypse Trail. The trail has not been used much at all. Hardly any tire tracks were in the area. The trail before the "Rock" was dug out deeper than last year. The locals said that they had a lot of rain, so we found that we had to add a few rocks to be able to get an approach that would work:

Justin was the first to make it up:

Then the rest of us followed suit:

To get out of the canyon, Justin tried the line that I had trouble with last year. He did a great job of driving, but the result was a denial by the rocks:

Cliff gave it a shot and his wider stance helped him crawl to the top:

For the rest of us, we all made it up the last hill (without a winch this year), and then headed back to the Fairgrounds to get Raffle tickets. After dinner we waited to see what the winnings might be:

Several of us got a prize, but no big loot hauls this time:

Sunday morning we posed for one last group shot before heading home:

It was a fantastic weekend! Good times with Great folks! I love the area. We need to plan a weekend run to the Logandale Trails sometime just to play.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                Nice pics, fun stuff Mike.
                Ready for some Hammer stuff next Sunday?
                Unfortunately, Mr Green is going under the knife this weekend. I have a big exhaust leak to fix, a rear axle seal leak that started on the way home, a miss-fire problem to sleuth out, and a seal in the ARB compressor to replace. Funny how things all go to :poop: at the same time.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Shit never comes alone, all arrives at once in one big pile. Looks like MR Green is in dire need of a whole lot of loving

Comment

Looks like another great year folks! I'm stoked to see that Arockalypse was a bit less eventful this year. I'm also pretty glad that I missed the Falls... That new route looks a bit more scary, I'd need a change of undies for sure. Looking forward to videos folks!

Mike, sorry to hear about the Jeep issues. I'm sure you'll get it all worked out just fine though.
                    USMC F&AM

Comment

Looks like a great time. Sorry we missed it.
                      Check out .

Comment

It looks like you guys had a great time. One day I will make it out there. Thanks for the report.
                        You can make it

Comment

I had so much fun this weekend! A big thank you to Kurt and Mike who were determined to show me all of the main trails and obstacles since it was my first time out there. Also, a big thank you to both of them for playing bumper jockey to keep me from flopping. This is definitely an amazing area that I want to get back to and run again.
                          "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]Very cool guys... Very cool.[/COLOR]:thumbs_up
                            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

I'm glad you had a great time and great weather. I'm sorry that I couldn't join you this year.
                              If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                              KI6MLU

Comment

Working...
                              X