Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Hammers

Last week was spent working on my fuel injection on the Cruiser. Replacing water sensor, adjusting throttle blades, Iac, and TPS . Thought finally had the problems solved, running lean and mean. Scott and I had plans to run the hammers Sunday. Invited others to join us, but nobody show. Ended up having the trails all to ourselves. Only one other rock buggy out there, and we never saw him again. We ran Clawhammer, Fissure mountain, Sledge Hammer, and Jackhammer. We cruised up to Clawhammer, and on the way hit the dunes. The Cruiser was running good, and up I went in 2nd low range. Really the first time I had put my foot in it. As I was coming down Scott started up, so I threw a U-turn and mashed my foot in it. Wound 2nd up to about 5 grand, and thought lets see if she could pull 3rd gear. Never would before with the old engine, but what the heck. Click 3rd and 400 horses kicked in, and off she went. Scott was struggling trying to make the top when he looked back and saw me coming down on him like smell an crap. Man I was a bebopin.
    We headed off and ran Clawhammer and fissure mountain with no problems. Came down the sand hill on the south end of sledge when we saw the Buggy heading to sledge. We raced over there but couldn't catch him. Ran up Sledgehammer and came back around. Scotty wanted to run Jackhammer.
    Jackhammer went well at the beginning, till we got to where even the buggy have fun, bout 150 ft past the turnoff. Man they dug some holes. You could bury a body in some of those holes and nobody would find it. We walked up the trail to see what the rest of the trail looked like. MMMMMMM , if we get past this 100 ft the rest of the trail looked good. Out came the winches. We used the winches to get through cause as I said we were by ourselves, and didn't want to risk breaking. We had to Winch Scott's little 35's bout 4 times at different places, but up we went. I told Scott that I didn't think I would make it cause I didn't have a locker in the front, but low and behold up the ol girl went until I slid off a rock and landed sort of in a precarious position. Out came the winch to keep her going in the right direction and up I went. Once we got past this section the rest of Jackhammer was easy.
    We headed up and over and down Jack and got back to the flatlands when the Cruiser started to fart and faint. Dammit the fuel injection started to act up again. Thank God that we were back to the flats. We limped back to the trailer and loaded her up.
    So today will be spent unloading , cleaning and trying to figure out with the computer what gone wrong. Really a long but fun day with my son. I don't know how we manage to have the entire Hammers to ourselves, it seems like whenever we go out there that the way it works. At least were not eating any one elses dust. Hammer down, Kevin.

Kevin and Scotty, glad Y'all had a good time as far as the new fangled fuel injection I would raise a ruckus with the manufacturer.
    From there throw this crap in the garbage can and piece together a stock Chevy TBI or Tuned port injection and never look back.
    Will be well worth it in the long run.

Comment

And a Q-Jet in the meantime. Bummer to hear about the continuing problems.
      God forgives, rocks don't
      -sons of thunder

Comment

as dad said we had a great day

Comment

scott and I posing at the mailbox;

Comment

And camping out at Calico ghost haunt;

Comment

Sounds like another fun day in the desert Kevin. I miss it.

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]Someday I'll be able to play at the Hammers too... someday.[/COLOR]
                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                  [COLOR="#800000"]Someday I'll be able to play at the Hammers too... someday.[/COLOR]
                  Soon Nick soon. I been trying to get in all the fun that I can cause I go for surgery tomorow. Been planning since last hump and bump to go this year, but its not going to happen. Wife says she going to take the keyes to the cruiser away from me. My grand son, 17 took the Cruiser threw the gate keeper on the west end of Holchom by himself. Looks like he going to be learning a whole lot more.

Comment

Good luck with the surgery Kevin, try not to puke when you wake up. When I had my shoulder fixed, I was wondering what those funny looking bags were for. Found out really quick when I came too. Ralphed all over lol.

Comment

How did the surgery go?
                      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                      MJR moderator
                      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                        How did the surgery go?
                        Painful, won't be throwing any rocks for awhile.

Comment

Hope you heal soon and easily.
                          God forgives, rocks don't
                          -sons of thunder

Comment

Working...
                          X