Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: West Coast, South Island of New Zealand

Howdy,

Some shots from last weekend 4wding around the sub tropical rainforest of the West Coast of the South Island in New Zealand. Gets pretty wet there but makes for some interesting driving. The weather was actually a lot better than expected. There were a few wind blown trees to be removed from the track especially to clear the way for Jim's Grand Cherokee with the loaded roof rack We also took the opportunity to check out some cool caves complete with their own spiders and weta (kind of like giant crickets).

Some more pics here:
    http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/a...%20Oct%202012/

Wow, very cool pic's
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Okay, can we add this to the grand tour of the South Island when I can finally work out a way to get there again? The pics are awesome. I thought you guys only had one spider on the island (or is it just one poisonous spider?). The caves are amazing. Great formations. Is the bird a Kiwi? I'm guessing not, but thought that I would ask.
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Howdy Mike, yeah we have heaps of spiders but none really poisonous . The bird is a Weka and will take food out of your hand. You guys are going to have a busy time here if we squeeze some fishing in also

Comment

Originally posted by Tycho View Post
          Howdy Mike, yeah we have heaps of spiders but none really poisonous . The bird is a Weka and will take food out of your hand. You guys are going to have a busy time here if we squeeze some fishing in also
          Definitely need to squeeze in some fishing. Sounds like we may have to plan more than one visit to NZ! :wink:
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
          X