Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Big Bear for a shake down

Got up to North Shore Cafe at 8am and had the breakfast burritos. extra yumm for the morning. Vipperdave, Loser1 and GeoCash met up with me and we took off to air down at GM trailhead. There was some traffic up ahead of us which turned out to be Danny Bogner and his SoCal Bronco crew. They were headed to JB to do some quick maintenance work and then head over to Oktoberfest. GM was fun, kinda tore up a bit, so plenty of challenges there. One Bronco broke an axle of the first rock climb. Got over to JB and for the third time in a row, traffic jam. A full size Toyota truck open/open was trying like hell to get up, and actually made it past the gatekeeper, but that was about it. We pulled ahead of the Broncos and the Toyota truck, but stopped to watch the carnage at the fourth turn where the big rock ledge is at. It has been washed out and is very slippery and full of big holes. Lots of effort needed to get up this baby, although George made it look easy on 32s. We figured we would wait to see if the Toyota was going to come up but the Broncos came by and got in front of us. Then it was a tire off the bead, then a ripped side wall... freaking broncos BTW, good meeting you 12 pack! We helped get the flat tire changed the second time and got rolling again, but not until we'd been on JB for 4 hours. By that time it was time to head down the mountain so we took 3N16 over to Green Valley. Stopped at the West end of Holcomb for a look. Nothing to report there. The creek is way down. I only had minor issues to take care of like loose bolts and stuff, and a coil spring that wasn't re-seated when I re-installed the shock, but other than that and my crappy driving skills the Rat is ready for H&B. I took 0 pictures. I know, LOSER! Thanks guys for tagging along, it was great meeting you and look forward to doing it again soon. SNOW RUN!!!!
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

You might get your snow run sooner than you think - we've had rain in the Arrowhead area a few days last week. I saw the Bronco's and Cherokee's while coming home from the high desert.... on the road though....luckly....

Comment

It was a great day......looking forward to hooking up again!
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]ANGRY MIDDLE CLASS WHITE GUY![/COLOR]

Comment

http://s1285.beta.photobucket.com/us...ar%2010-13-012

A hand full of pictures. Thx to Josh

Comment

Some Duplicates, Not in order lol

Comment

Man, sounds like those broncos took a beating! :-\
            [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
            www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Funny thing is a reasonably capable rig can breeze to anything in Big Bear with out much trouble.
              Has more to do with questionable lines, heavy foot or lastly rotten luck.

Comment

Dave, thanks for posting the photos! And thank Josh for taking them!

Mike
                [COLOR="#FF0000"]ANGRY MIDDLE CLASS WHITE GUY![/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                X