Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Fun in the Desert - VV4W

I got a last minute call from Mike (CalJeep), of VV4W, that their trail leader for the Bullfrog Trail wasn't going to be able to make it, so I told him I would lead the run.

The event had a good turn out with dozens of vehicles to run the Hammer trails. We had 10 line up for the Bullfrog Trail. Since no one in the group had ever run the trail, we did the classic route of the Bullfrog. All the vehicles did well on the trail considering 2 of them were close to stock. Everyone had a great time and liked the trail.

It was a great run without any real damage to the vehicles, except the Toyota truck which somewhere on the trail broke a rear axle shaft, but was able to drive it back to camp. It was good to get out there and run the trails again.

Link to slideshow.
    http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/n...view=slideshow

Last edited by mkjeepers; 10-13-12, 08:12 PM.

Man I miss that place Mike. Nice pictures.

Comment

I haven't been out there in the daytime for quite awhile. It's always fun to take someone through for the first time.

Comment

Well it's that time of year to start playing in JV again. Need to hit some of the trails out there I haven't been on for awhile.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Mike, missed seeing you there. I was leading Outer Limits for them. It sure was a great weekend. The weather Saturday night was perfect for sitting around and BSing and the campfire smoke went pretty much straight up in the air.

It looked like VV4W got a decent turnout from all of the vehicles lined up. I like to support them, because without their efforts, we would not have the Hammers.
          Rich

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
            Well it's that time of year to start playing in JV again. Need to hit some of the trails out there I haven't been on for awhile.
            Well Curtis my friend it's on this Tuesday, come on out

Comment

I would like to hit the On the Rocks trail again sometime. Bullfrog and Cakewalk are still a lot of fun though.

Maybe we can get the Calico group to go out to the Cougar Buttes - they'll have to get tired of those Calico canyons sometime.

Rich, I was amazed at how many were out there lined up for the various Hammer trails. A lot of vendors driving their big wheels.

Comment

Amen brother. I was just saying the same thing on Saturday. Can't wait.
                Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                  Rich, I was amazed at how many were out there lined up for the various Hammer trails. A lot of vendors driving their big wheels.
                  Tony Pellegrino of Gen Right is in our club and had his YJ out there after putting the engine from his KOH rig in the YJ. Man oh man.
                  Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
                    Tony Pellegrino of Gen Right is in our club and had his YJ out there after putting the engine from his KOH rig in the YJ. Man oh man.
                    I heard that new motor as he was heading for the line up. Several others were also filling the morning air with horse power.

Comment

I think everyone had a great time ...U couldn't ask for better weather and the last I herd the turnout was more then twice what VV4W saw last year...
                      I can't wait for next year..
                      WOKNROX!
                      WOKNROX!
                      Let's go wheelin!

Comment

So strange to not be making the normal runs this year. And I just couldnt wait to get out of the desert....
                        Build it right the first time.

Comment

I missed it 4 the 1st time in 4 years. Finally got a new clutch then my job changed me 2 midweek days off.
                          :-( bummer..... Josh: You can always come back!

Comment

We'll be doing a few runs out there this season - stay tuned. Working on a date soon. So Cal Toyota club wants to do a Nov 17 run on the Bullfrog.

I added another section to the Bullfrog which will now make it continuous obstacles from start to finish.
                            Last edited by mkjeepers; 10-23-12, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X