Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: CALICO FOR HALLOWEEN OCT 26th-28th

Calico is a good time on Halloween. Always lots of Gatekeeper action going too! Most bring costumes...I'm going to be a Devil this year

The address to the ghost town is 36600 Ghost Town Road Yermo, CA 92398. To get to camp, take the Ghost Town Exit and make a left. Get gas if you need it. You will pass the huge cowboy that sits out in front of the actual Ghost town. Go 100 yards or so past that. Doran Scenic Rd is on the left. I'll put up some blue marker tape. We're going to camp off Doran Scenic Rd before you go around the bend to the Gatekeeper. There's plenty of room for RVs. It's dry camping. No facilities, water etc. We'll run Doran, Odessa, can run Wall Street, and just go tool around.

If you want to come out Saturday, we'll leave camp for the trails around 10am.

You should have tow points; front and rear, sliders, armor, be lifted and at least 31's..33's are better. Lockers are not required, but helpful in a couple spots. If you don't have them, no biggie. Worse case is you get a strap/winch.

Look for my yellow happy face flag. I'm a white TJ. American Flag flying driver with a My Jeep Rocks windshield banner.

CB- Ch 4. ( I don't get cell service once out in the canyon.)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING SOME WOOD FOR CAMP

Updated 10/22

1. Me! I H8RDS FRIDAY 9AM

2. Radarrob-Rob & Terri!- FRIDAY 9AM

3. Maverick243-Parker-FRIDAY 9AM

4. Gunner-Bob FRIDAY NOON YAY!

5. 2013jeepjk

6. Elmosyj

7. gonzo1308 and kids- FRIDAY

8. bullcrew FRIDAY 6PM - 7PM

9. tgoat- SATURDAY

10. Kaisertod- Scott & Hurley-FRIDAY 9AM

11. JP- one of my Bestest friends! FRIDAY EVE

12. SoCalChris & family- SATURDAY

13. Bluefin- Chip and Brian- FRIDAY 7PM

14. 10gt3 AND WIFE- FRIDAY

15. WOKNROX and family- FRIDAY 330

16. blackjk-FRIDAY 5PM
    Last edited by I H8RDS; 10-25-12, 12:57 PM.
    Jeep Girl

Maybe??? Depends on work schedule. Put me on the maybe list.

Comment

Work? What's that?

Cold's been goin' around...just sayin
      Jeep Girl

Comment

I feel one coming on already!

Comment

Hope you can make it. There's going to be a lot of people out there due to a bday celebration as well.

I'm not going to be able to wait for that weekend to wheel if anyone wants to do a day run up Miller before then...
          Jeep Girl

Comment

I've always wanted to do Calico!

Put me in for maybe

Comment

I've never seen so many maybes.
              Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
                I've never seen so many maybes.
                Come on guys! She's asking for a commitment ...
                WOKNROX!
                Let's go wheelin!

Comment

Nah..don't need that either. Either way, there's going to be a lot of people at camp.."maybe" list or not. I'll be out there by 0900 Friday the 26th..and on the trails with a few buddies by 1000. We'll be thinkin' of all you "maybe's" as we're toolin around
                  Jeep Girl

Comment

Right on...
                    Just tryin to turn those maybes into yeses ...lol....cause u know we live on fences ...he he..
                    once again I'll be missing the fun..
                    I'm already committed to spending that weekend out at Cougar Buttes for the IE & VV 4 wheelers annual Halloweenie camp out....good times for the kids..."of all ages"...
                    WOKNROX!
                    Let's go wheelin!

Comment

Thanks, but no worries! I never have a shortage of people on wheeling weekends. Anybody off this site and a couple others are just the icing on the cake. I always post my runs; (well 90% of the time ) just in case anyone who hasn't been, wants to go..and didn't have anyone to go with. See ya out there one of these times!
                      Jeep Girl

Comment

I will be there but in the campground. I am just unsure if I will be jeeping or not (I dont know if it is possible to go to Calico without playing in ther dirt). If I do get to take the jeep I will see you guys out there.

Comment

:omg: Whoaa! Out at Calico and not wheel?? You have more strength that I ever could have!
                          Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
                            :omg: Whoaa! Out at Calico and not wheel?? You have more strength that I ever could have!
                            Ya it would not be the same if I can't bring the jeep. I have even driven 2wd SUV's in mule canyon and tin can alley just to get my fix of dirt, so I am hoping that I can bring the jeep. Wheeling is almost the entire reason for going since it is way to busy to be target shooting on Halloween weekend. Hope to see you guys out there.

Chris

Comment

ok..ciao ciao!
                              Jeep Girl

Comment

Working...
                              X