Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: unknown trail

So last time I was going to Big Bear... I noticed this switch back trail. If your sitting at the intersection of Hwy 18 and Hwy 241 in Lucerne Valley, look straight south and you will see it. From Google earth, it looks like it leads to maybe a rock quarry or something. Here's a Google earth image if that helps... does anyone know anything about it?

It for sure a mine access road off crystal creek rd. I see structures up there too that you would be driving by. There is probably a private sign, but I have never been up on the part where it crosses lower 3N16. Anyone seen that intersection? Is it posted?
    KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

This is a mine haul road and is not open to the public. Please stay off it. Those ginormus dump trucks go up and down it all the time and it's too dangerous.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Right on, thanks for saving me the trouble of navigating to the entrance and seeing a "no trespassing" sign.

Comment

You used to be able to get to the overlook at the top of the road, but the last time that I was by there the gate was closed.
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
          X