Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morongo Basin Sheriff Search & Rescue October 2004

The 25th annual Morongo Basin Sheriff Department Search & Rescue Poker Run co sponsored by The Department Of Interior BLM, Will Be Held October 1st, 2nd & 3rd 2004 at Soggy Dry Lake, Johnson Valley CA.

WHAT is the desert run?: The Desert Run is a 4WD course about 26 miles long with 5 playing checkpoints along its route. The 1/2 waypoint has portapotty available. Terrain varries from rocks, sand, hills, washes & some extreme areas for the hardcore modified rigs. There will be easy bypasses for the extreme sections of the course for use at drivers option. In addition there will be fun and games for the entire family including Jeep/Truck Teeter-Totter, Articulation Ramp, Rock Climbing Wall, Kids Games, MFG Displays etc.
    Extra Prize drawing tickets can be purchased Friday & Saturday for special drawings, kids drawings and the 50-50 drawing Saturday night. Last year prizes were valued at over $10,000 and more than 2000 people were in attendance with over 450 vhehicles on the Poker Run!

WHO can enter?: Anyone who can legally drive his or her off-road vehicle in rough terrain. This is a family event and the whole family is encouraged to participate. The course is designed to challenge everyones skill levels... Wheather it's your first time in your new SUV or your 1,000th time in your modified buggy. Everyone is sure to have a great time. Entering allows you to play 5 different games and be elegable for door prize givaways. Door prizes are given at the end of the event. Be sure to bring plenty of water, gas and supplies for everyone in your vehicle.
    Facilities: Open camping is permitted. Easy acces for motorhomes, trailers and RVs. First aid station, Port-o-johns provided and a commemorative T-Shirt booth along with a dumpster at the main base camp. Trash bags will be included with your entry packet, Please use them. Hot food and drinks available Friday till 9PM, Saturday 6AM to 9PM at base camp. Bring plenty of food & gas.

Directions & Information: Soggy Dry Lake is about 1/2 way between Yucca Valley & Lucern Valley off SR247 (Old Woman Springs Rd.) Turn North onto Bessemer Mine Road and follow the signs to BASE CAMP. Last year over 2000 people participated so there should be no difficulty knowing when you are there!

Registration: Morongo Basin SAR P.O. Box 982 Yucca Valley CA 92286

Email: SarDesertRun@aol.com

Website:http://www.co.san-bernardino.ca.us/s...8/SAR218_1.htm

Pass It Along,
    Rick OllllllO
    Last edited by RangerRick; 07-07-04, 07:59 PM. Reason: Info
    " [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Life-is-Good![/COLOR] "
    Rick W6RE

i don't see the link.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
      i don't see the link.

Yeah,
      Helps when you have the right website and the right syntax on the url doesn't it?

Try it now! I know it works now.
      Rick W6RE

Comment

Hahaha, actually that sounds really cool -- and we're not that far from it. Have you been there before?

Comment

Yes it is way cool! I have been there officially once but my buddy, the guy who met up with a big pack of the MJR out in Odessa Cyn has been for like the past 10 years. He kept pestering me 'till I went and what a blast I had. It is fun to look at all the nifty rigs and all the procedes go to a great cause. Id actually like to get a whole bunch of the MJR group out there so we can setup a cool campsite.

Rubicon Rick

:thumbs_up :thumbs_up
          Rubicon Rick Gives This Event 2 Thumbs UP!
          Rick W6RE

Comment

Count me in. No way I can pass up an event so close to me
            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

I will be there.
              DesertYJ
              29 Palms
              "I Love It When She Crawls On All 4's"

Comment

Allright! I'll be sure to get the banners and signs out there, so everyone can find each other.

Comment

Look for a bunch of flashing multi color lights (night time) at our camp. We will have those road "Bots Dots" that have LEDs in them of multi color and will have them all around our camp to keep the motorcycles and ATVs out of our camp. Our camp is usually near the main base camp so the chuckwaggon and toilets are close at hand. I don't even bother bringing much food except snack food and water since the chuckwaggon does all our cooking now. It's just so much easier than packing up the Red Devil oven stove and mess box. Simplistic, easy and fun! We have a blast every year and WE LOVE TAKING THE SIDE TRIP TO DO THE HAMMERS WHILE WE ARE OUT THERE! Hope to see a whole bunch of MJR members out there. Look for the Aftershocks banner as many of this fine 4WD club will be there also.....

Rubicon Rick
                  Rick W6RE

Comment

Don't Forget.....Just a few more weekends away!

Well October will be here before we know it so I hope to be able to see lots of MJR members out at the Fun Run this year.....

Rubicon Rick
                    Rick W6RE

Comment

Maybe we can come and hang out, maybe ride along. We'll see how Rick's Jeep is by then.

Comment

I was hoping to go to this but I don't think I can make it. I need to get some work done on my axles plus I think I have a brithday party to go to.
                        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

We will be in JV that weekend also off boone rd. first large camp on the left, 1-2 miles in.
                          http://www.jeepbbs.net/forums/showth...&threadid=7955
                          ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
                          00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
                          97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_L
                            We will be in JV that weekend also off boone rd. first large camp on the left, 1-2 miles in.
                            http://www.jeepbbs.net/forums/showth...&threadid=7955
                            Very cool, more of a reason to go!

Comment

Working...
                            X