Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: 9-2-12 John Bull + new dog

So, after the 9-1-12 Motino night run, I stayed that night and ran John Bull the next day. I've run it a few times and this time was the toughest. It wasn't overly hard but you did need a couple of creative lines to keep everything rolling. I think its a good time to give it a run if you haven't in a while.

Also, the new dog...
    I got to the trail head and heard some people running the trail and they got louder so they were heading down. 1st. guy makes it down, 2nd. gets stuck. So, the 1st. guy gets out and walks back to help his buddy. I asked how the trail was and he said it was fine but said ( kind of confused and in disbelief ) that he lost his dog. I winch his buddy free and off they go. He said he was leaving Big Bear after that trail and if I find his dog, his phone # is on the tag.
    An hour later I start up the trail, find his dog standing out in the middle of the path. I throw the dog in with my dog and finish the run. Once back in town where I had a phone signal, I call the guy, leave a message and he calls me back 10 min. later. Told him I found his dog, and ask where he is. He replies that he's on his way home to Colorado and he's like 150 miles away. Then he asks if I want another dog, so I respond, " I guess that means that you're not coming back?" He said its too far to come back.
    So, now I have a new dog. A friend of mine may take her... if not, I'll keep her.
    She's just a pup but full grown, spayed, housebroken, doesn't get on furniture, chew on anything or shed. Also, doesn't respond to voice commands and walking a dog on a leash sucks... that can and will be fixed. Just some training. Here she is making herself at home...

Wow! Pretty pup! Makes me sort of angry that the dude just abandoned the dog though. I'm glad that you found her.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

PRICK. And if that dog wandered off the trail, then what? It would become displaced, confused, hungry and probably end up dead. You should meet up with the guy just to beat his A$$. How's about you post up his #
      Last edited by brokenujoint; 09-08-12, 09:32 AM.
      1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

I'm all for Kevin giving the guy a call!

So Dan, do you think the dog might be deaf?
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Not unless she can read lips... she does "sit" when you say it.

She is learning what NO means. she has some good potential.

Comment

lab mix?
            1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

You rock for helping her! Just as he was abandoning her, maybe she was abandoning him first. Give her a good scratch around the ears from us.
              God forgives, rocks don't
              -sons of thunder

Comment

I would give his phone# to the Humane society and report this ass for animal cruelty.
                Kudo's for taking the dog in

Comment

Pretty doggie. Seems things worked out well for her.
                  holes = cowbell

Comment

It is official... Her name is now Shiloh and she will be staying with us from now on.

Called the Humane Society off the other tag... they say she is a Lab / Retriever mix ( must be more retriever cause Labs are dumb, good dogs, but not smart ) 1 1/2 years old, and shots up to date.
                    You guys will get to meet her on the MJR trail runs someday...

Comment

Hey, my lab aint dumb. She's just so excited all the time, she doesn't have time to listen. Hahahaa. Very cool that your keeping her. I would've called her JB, or something related to finding her. Look fwd to see you and the dogs on another run.
                      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Dan, cool move tqking care of the pup. I can't belive the owner bailed on his dog. A-hole!

Comment

Wow what a douche I could never leave any of my dogs, they are family.
                          [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
                            PRICK. And if that dog wandered off the trail, then what? It would become displaced, confused, hungry and probably end up dead. You should meet up with the guy just to beat his A$$. How's about you post up his #
                            X2. Jesus. Unbelievable.
                            Jeep Girl

Comment

She was thinking to herself... " Colorado or California ? hmmmm. I'm staying here California later dooshy dooshbag !! "
                              You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

Working...
                              X